“A nice taste of Havana” 4 of 5 stars

301-663-1036
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sabor de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 320 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Market St.
“A nice taste of Havana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Don't miss this place. The food is more than good. They do the best Mojito in town and have a reasonably stocked bar. Last time we were their with 6 people and tried most of the appetizers and were over the moon.

Visited December 2013

“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am picky about my food so I am typically afraid to try food that is "out of the ordinary" for my palate. I went to Sabor de Cuba with a group of friends and was pleasantly surprised.

The food was very tasty, not too spicy, not too 'out of the ordinary' for me.

The wait staff is very friendly and helpful.

Visited January 2014
“Enjoyed new find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Had no idea we had Cuban so close! Papas rellenas were good, as was Bistec Palomillo. I hear the Ropa Vieja was as well. Generous portions and love that the wines were all around $25/bottle, just a few choices which is all we needed. Made reservations but weren't necessary, but I hope they stay around and someday that they are! Server was fabulous but not overly in our way at all, greeted by all staff and thanked by all. Will be back!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“It's amazing how black beans and rice can taste so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I lived in Tampa for more than 20 years and have enjoyed eating Cuban and Latin American food there. I am happy to know that there is a restaurant near my area that has great Cuban food. The atmosphere is nice with a touch of the tropical and the staff are friendly. The Mojito was the best I have ever tasted with lots of fresh mint. I had the fresh pargo (red snapper) grilled and it was excellent. My husband had the Cuban sandwich which was big enough to split and quite tasty. The sweet plantains were my favorite. I will definitely be returning to this restaurant when I am in Frederick. Don't forget to try the flan de coco and a café con leche, definitely worth it!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Like Mom (Mother-in-Law) used to make!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very Authentic food! My wife's family is from Cuba and Peru, so we have been lucky enough to enjoy many home cooked meals, and Sabor De Cuba is the real thing. The stuffed Tostones (Tostones rellenos de carne) are a terrific app, the fried Yuca is a must have side dish with any meal. The Ropa Vieja and the Pernil were fabulous. We will be back again and again!

• Visited January 2014