“Very good Cuban flavors!” 4 of 5 stars

301-663-1036
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sabor de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 320 restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Market St.
Rome
“Very good Cuban flavors!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Popped into this little Cuban restaurant in Frederick for a quick late lunch and sat at the bar. We shared some empanadas, which were delicious. My husband had the pork cuban sandwich which he thoroughly enjoyed, I had the papa relleno, which was tasty! Next time, i am coming back for the shrimp appetizer and for some ropa vieja. Staff were very knowledgeable and attentive. Definitely worth a return trip!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Frederick, Maryland
“2 out 4 dishes were outstanding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The good: Pernil (roasted pork leg) was melt-in-the-mouth good. Pollo a la Plancha (grilled chicken breast) was a runner-up. The sweet plantains, served with nearly everything, had us all raving.
The bad: Ropa Vieja (pulled flank steak) was very salty and tough. The rice and beans were overcooked and tasteless. The Cubano (sandwich) was forgettable.
Service was OK, which was an accomplishment given the very large crowd.
With all the other restaurants in downtown Frederick, we probably won't go back. Who want's to get lucky with 50% of an order?

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
The Jersey Shore
“I loved it, you should try it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch while visiting the area, was looking for a place to stop for lunch and the sign caught my eye. Ordered the Ropa Vieja with congri (rice and black beans) with tostones (plantains). I enjoy Cuban food, usually order the Ropa Vieja wherever I go so I consider myself an expert. It was outstanding! In fact some of the best I have had, and the tostones were fresh and crispy without being greasy. Had the opportunity to talk to the owner, he uses family recipes passed down and takes great pride in the freshness and authenticity his food. The restaurant was clean and nicely decorated. I had a great meal at a reasonable price and would recommend this place. I topped my meal off with Cuban Coffee. Yum!

Visited October 2013
“Best Cuban food we have had out side of Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise. We were just passing through Frederick and never expected to find a wonderful taste of the Caribbean. The fact that the chef uses as much local produce as possible is a plus. From the beginning of the meal to the end the taste was truly wonderful. Make sure to save room for the deserts. The empanadas are not to be missed. On our visit they were drizzled with a guava cream. Then there is the care that is given to making the perfect Mojito. we left wishing we lived in Frederick so that we could become regular customers.

Visited October 2013
michigan
“Wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I loved this restaurant, Great service from Nevada, an incredible spicy Margarita with haberneros infused tequila with cilantro-- I've already told 4 people about this drink. We over ate but it was worth it... appetizers tostones with shrimp, empanadas, we opted for two dips spicy mojo and garlic mojo- they are extra but get them. The starches are all good:
rice and beans - the rice was the best ever... the sirloin marinated in juices not an american steak but is well worth a try... no room for dessert!

• Visited October 2013