“Laid back Sunday Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 329 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“Laid back Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Friend and I were strolling downtown Frederick and decided to stop in for some late brunch. Excellent food and atmosphere. Eggs were cooked to perfection. I recommend trying the hashbrowns and a handcrafted beverage.
Atmosphere changes at night when they have live music come in. Try one of their infused liquors.

Visited January 2014

Linthicum, MD
“Hip Coffee Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were here on one of those cold, wet, sleet-and-freezing-rain kind of days we've been having a lot of lately! We needed to kill some time and get out of the rain. We only tried the coffee drinks. I tried a house specialty, a German chocolate latte. It took a while to come out, but it was worth the wait. It was as pretty to look at as it was good to drink. The food that we saw others order looked good. There were all kinds of people there, twenty-somethings, Moms with kids, and grandparents with grandkids (us!) We'll have to come back when we have time to order a meal.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mt Airy, MD
“I love this little cafe and will definitely return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have passed this little hip café many times and never stopped in. My husband and I went there on a date based on a friend's recommendation. Very nice host and server (who gave us recommendations--turkey meatloaf and croquettes) who were not at all pushy. We ordered goat cheese fritters to start and a fried shrimp po boy and steak salad to share for dinner. The waitress brought me a hot buttered rum on the house (not my favorite drink in general but a really nice gesture and it tasted good). The fritters were small but delicious. The shrimp po boy came with an awesome aioli and was on a delicious ciabata bread. The steak salad was also great but the chipotle vinaigrette was a little spicier than expected (not a problem for us). We then ordered lattes for dessert which our waitress gave us "on the house" because she said we had to wait a few extra minutes before ordering (we did wait about 10 minutes for her to return to take our order but only after we told her to give us more time to decide!). Our meal was only $40 which I consider a bargain. We will definitely return!!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Great brunch with great drink!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

They have an good brunch menu and their drink are great with special homemade liquor. There dinner menu has a great Goat Cheese App! I def like going there. The food comes out a little slower but it's worth the wait. Very hipster atmosphere!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Fantastic Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Cafe Nola is THE place to go for a laid back great breakfast. Great ambiance in a trendy restaurant. Really good, fresh coffee, and each breakfast I've ever gotten is fresh and tasty. I love the breakfast sandwich which is a fried egg, roasted tomato and spinach. Sit at the bar and chat with the friendly bartenders!

• Visited October 2013