“GREAT HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Niagara Falls, Canada
“GREAT HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel on our way home from Myrtle Beach. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are clean and well kept. The breakfast was excellent and the lady who served was a charm!! CONGRATULATIONS on a great hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Good value. Room was very clean. Friendly staff. Good location. Decent breakfast. Grab the coupon at a rest area and save $25. Save $9 with an AARP or AAA card. Location is reasonably close to the downtown district. On site restaurant menu looked a bit pricey so didn't eat there.

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed here when visiting my family for the past 15 years. My extended family has used this hotel for decades. It's a comfortable place, well maintained. A good value. The restaurant next door has a great whiskey sour. enjoy.

Room Tip: get non-smoking room; a number of construction guys stay here and the smoking rooms are really smoke...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Red Horse over the weekend as a quick get away spot for the first time at this location. I have NOTHING bad to say about our room. We booked the Heart shape jacazzi room. The jets were nice and warm coming out of the tub. Oh what relaxation we had. When I looked over at my husband his eyes were rolling in the back of his head. The bed was comfortable with clean bedding. I did however run home to get my pillow because I love my softy flat pillow. There was free HBO, a small loveseat which lets out to a bed, chair, desk, work station area. For a nice get away for a couple yes, yes, yes. Thing is we only a few blocks away from this spot. We don't have to spend a couple hundred a night now like at the Poconos in PA this will do for our quick get aways... Did I mention they have a full hot and cold breakfast which was even better and also the heart shape room is a smoking room but did not smell like it even though I brought a sensual candle just in case....

Room Tip: Right across the street from a gas station, food everywhere up and down the street, movie theatre, k...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

i used the hotel coupons.com for $74 if you pay more its not worth it. Hallways look rundown but rooms are nice with free wifi fridge and microwave. not too noisy and good breakfast. everyone is friendly and helpful. About a mile away is the most charming town of Frederick with upscale shops and restaurants. Great to wander in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I made reservations at this hotel over a month before our stay. When we arrived after a long day of travel the desk clerk told us they were fully booked. I told him I had a reservation and showed him my confirmation email. It took him several minutes to find some paperwork which referred us to another hotel in the area. In all my years of travel in the US and other countries, I have never had a hotel do this. After seeing the condition of the parking area and lobby and the attitude of the employee, we were probably better off not staying there, but this type of treatment is unacceptable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Red Bank
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My room and bathroom were clean and comfortable and that was fine enough for me. The housekeeping staff did a nice job. My room was initially on the first floor near the front desk, which was okay as far as noise level/foot traffic on a week night; however, it became far too noisy on the weekend. The front desk person, Mary, was kind in allowing me to switch my room to the upper floor without any problem. Some of the other staff were less communicative. No one explained where the breakfast was served, for instance, so I had to wander a little -- and I saw other guests who were equally unsure. I ended up not eating the breakfast, so I cannot comment on the food.

I am sensitive to cigarette smoke and will confirm what the other reviewers have said about having smoke seep into the non-smoking room on the first floor. The room initially smelled fresh, but as people came in and began smoking in their rooms later in the evening, I noticed it. However, I did not smell the smoke on the upper floor once my room was changed.

If you appreciate quiet, you may try to arrange for a room on the upper floor with your room opposite the highway, as traffic noise from the highway is quite prominent. If not, keeping the fan/ventilation system running drowns out some of the sound. The water pressure was lower on the top floor versus the first floor, but still sufficient. There was plenty of hot water.

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay that is conveniently located, this might be the place for you. If you are looking for complete luxury, this may not be the best fit.

Room Tip: Top floor opposite the highway is probably the quietest.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn Red Horse Frederick? Share your experiences!