“Delicious tamales (and more!)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Frederick, Maryland, United States
“Delicious tamales (and more!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place serves Mexican and El Salvadorean food. We decided we'd try the El Salvadorean dishes. We started with the pasteles and tamal de elote. Both were delicious. The tamal was so delicious, we got some to go. They're served with sour cream.

My husband ordered COMBINACION GUANACA, which was beef with two eggs, Salvadorean cheese, fried plantain, avocado, rice, refried beans & two tortillas. A very generous serving size. I ordered lomo saltado, which was also very generously sized. I had plenty to take home for leftovers. Along with the meal, they offer three kinds of tortillas--flour, corn, or "homemade." We went with the homemade tortillas, which were very dense and tasted like they were made with cornmeal--sort of like pupusas without the stuffing.Oh, and the refried beans were delicious--I usually leave them on the plate, but they were so good I took the leftovers home.

They have a full bar and a nice assortment of beers. My husband ordered a Salvadorean beer.

Everything was delicious, the dining room was clean, and the waitress was very friendly and efficient. We'll definitely return.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Debbi T

Middletown
“High Expectations/Average results”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had heard nothing but good things about this restaurant so we gave it a try. The portions were fine but the steak they used for carne sada was full of grissle. The wait staff was very good and the atmosphere. I'll try again soon but order something different. The other meals at the table were traditional Mexican and were good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Tampa Bay, Florida
“Interesting Variation on Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great Mexican/Salvadoran food. I had a combination fajita platter with delicious chicken, beef, shrimp and sausage. The only improvement would be if they served a bigger side portion of guacamole. The guacamole portion was minuscule. The chips were great and the salsa was light, fresh and unique. The service was very efficient and pleasant.

• Visited July 2013
Frederick, Maryland, United States
“The best in Frederick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I love Mexican food and have been to just about every place there is in Frederick. Santa Rosa has them all beat, especially with its Salvadorian mix. Their food is always delicious and their service is fantastic. The margaritas are also sublime! We love it there and have been there at least once a month, bringing friends and family with us when we go.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tara M
Frederick, Maryland
“Simply the Best in Frederick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We have returned to Santa Rosa many times and are never disappointed. The margaritas are fantastic! The chicken stew and beef/chicken fajitas are awesome! I think we would eat here every week if we could fit it into our schedule. We will be back for sure! :)

• Visited March 2013