“Very satisfied with The Wine Kitchen” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 339 Restaurants in Frederick
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Take a right off Market St. onto Carroll Creek Way
Chester County, PA
“Very satisfied with The Wine Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Dined at The Wine Kitchen on a spring Saturday evening. We're from Philadelphia and picked this restaurant based on tripadvisor reviews. It was a good choice. Warm greeting from the hostess and while there was no room at the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail, we were seated quickly and before our scheduled reservation. The staff on the whole was friendly, well-informed and not at all pretentious. The menu is nicely varied and fairly priced. Prices for wine by the bottle were surprisingly reasonable. Our meals were both outstanding. Flavorful and pleasingly presented. When in Frederick, we'd highly recommend The Wine Kitchen.

Washington, DC
“Great first visit & won't be my last”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I visited with a couple of girlfriends early (6:30) on a Fri night. Atmosphere was lively but the restaurant has a good mix of intimate tables and some where your neighbor is a little closer. Our server Sarah was energetic, knowledgable & did a great job of sharing specials and assisting with wine selections. Both the greeters and Sarah were welcoming & set a great tone for our entire experience. They serve wine in flights, by the glass or bottle which I love since you can try a few wines without busting your wallet. We had their pappardelle as a starter which they change seasonally. It was a modest portion but accented nicely with ham and olives which added a punch of salt. My friend had had it before in the winter and didn't like it as much this time. We also enjoyed a nice cheese plate. For my entree I had the 8 oz filet which is served with mashed potatoes & seasonal veggie (green beans the night we visited.) I had given up beef for lent so after 7 weeks of abstaining this filet lived up to every expectation & craving I had. It was cooked perfectly to my requested temperature & had a wonderful flavor. Our server presented us with 3 types of salt for seasoning but it didn't need a thing. The mashed potatoes were amazing & served in a cast iron dish which kept them nice & warm. The green beans were cooked well, slightly crisp, but I felt had too much salt. Overall an excellent meal. My friend always orders the Peruvian Chicken which was a large portion although includes the breast, leg & wing complete with bones which I imagine might be a turn off for some. And the third meal were scallops served on a bed of beets & I think risotto which was also thoroughly enjoyed. The menu really does have something for everyone including multiple options for vegetarians. I will be visiting Wine Kitchen again no doubt especially since there is also one closer to where I live in Leesburg! Highly recommend.

London, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Ate here based on other trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Warm welcome on arrival and friendly staff.

Entree and main were both good. We shared a beet salad entree then both had a burger. All well cooked and presented.

Tried one of the Wine Trio's - great idea and an excellent way to try and few different wines.

Dessert was a little disappointing - we orders the Dolche du Leche creme pot. Not sure quite what it should have tasted of but it was very sweet but didn't really taste of Dolche du Leche.

Overall a nice evening - left feeling fully and happy and price was reasonable as well.

Frederick, MD
“Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Favorite place in Frederick! The food is outstanding, happy hour deals in the bar are exceptional, and the atmosphere is perfect for anything from casual to special occassions! Have only ever had to wait for a table once during brunch. Outside seating along Carroll Creek available. Private dining room also available.

Visited February 2014
“Superb meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We like the Wine Kitchen for the creative and original meals. We took visiting family here and everyone enjoyed their dinner. Five uniquely different plates were ordered and served perfectly. The wild boar shank was the best dish and the rack of boar second. The scallops were perfectly cooked and the chicken expertly done. We all enjoyed the appetizers and the wine selection is outstanding. You should be able to pair a wine of your liking with any of the dishes on the menu.

Do not miss going to the Wine Kitchen if you are a Frederick resident or just visiting.