“Great first visit & won't be my last” 4 of 5 stars

50 Carroll Creek Way, Suite 160, Frederick, MD 21701
(301) 663 - 6968
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 320 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Take a right off Market St. onto Carroll Creek Way
Washington, DC
“Great first visit & won't be my last”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I visited with a couple of girlfriends early (6:30) on a Fri night. Atmosphere was lively but the restaurant has a good mix of intimate tables and some where your neighbor is a little closer. Our server Sarah was energetic, knowledgable & did a great job of sharing specials and assisting with wine selections. Both the greeters and Sarah were welcoming & set a great tone for our entire experience. They serve wine in flights, by the glass or bottle which I love since you can try a few wines without busting your wallet. We had their pappardelle as a starter which they change seasonally. It was a modest portion but accented nicely with ham and olives which added a punch of salt. My friend had had it before in the winter and didn't like it as much this time. We also enjoyed a nice cheese plate. For my entree I had the 8 oz filet which is served with mashed potatoes & seasonal veggie (green beans the night we visited.) I had given up beef for lent so after 7 weeks of abstaining this filet lived up to every expectation & craving I had. It was cooked perfectly to my requested temperature & had a wonderful flavor. Our server presented us with 3 types of salt for seasoning but it didn't need a thing. The mashed potatoes were amazing & served in a cast iron dish which kept them nice & warm. The green beans were cooked well, slightly crisp, but I felt had too much salt. Overall an excellent meal. My friend always orders the Peruvian Chicken which was a large portion although includes the breast, leg & wing complete with bones which I imagine might be a turn off for some. And the third meal were scallops served on a bed of beets & I think risotto which was also thoroughly enjoyed. The menu really does have something for everyone including multiple options for vegetarians. I will be visiting Wine Kitchen again no doubt especially since there is also one closer to where I live in Leesburg! Highly recommend.

Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Ate here based on other trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Warm welcome on arrival and friendly staff.

Entree and main were both good. We shared a beet salad entree then both had a burger. All well cooked and presented.

Tried one of the Wine Trio's - great idea and an excellent way to try and few different wines.

Dessert was a little disappointing - we orders the Dolche du Leche creme pot. Not sure quite what it should have tasted of but it was very sweet but didn't really taste of Dolche du Leche.

Overall a nice evening - left feeling fully and happy and price was reasonable as well.

Visited April 2014
Frederick, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Favorite place in Frederick! The food is outstanding, happy hour deals in the bar are exceptional, and the atmosphere is perfect for anything from casual to special occassions! Have only ever had to wait for a table once during brunch. Outside seating along Carroll Creek available. Private dining room also available.

Visited February 2014
“Superb meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We like the Wine Kitchen for the creative and original meals. We took visiting family here and everyone enjoyed their dinner. Five uniquely different plates were ordered and served perfectly. The wild boar shank was the best dish and the rack of boar second. The scallops were perfectly cooked and the chicken expertly done. We all enjoyed the appetizers and the wine selection is outstanding. You should be able to pair a wine of your liking with any of the dishes on the menu.

Do not miss going to the Wine Kitchen if you are a Frederick resident or just visiting.

Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Based on the reviews here, I had to try The Wine Kitchen. I love some good food and drink, so I knew this would be a great place to experience. I was surprised at first by the staff's dress attire, most of it was plaid and blue jeans. But once I looked over the menu, I could see that this place was more upscale than I had initially thought. I wasn't going to let dress attire deter me, I was here and I was determined to experience this awesome place!

For starters, the food will not disappoint! I got a sirloin with potatoes and green beans and the other guest I was with got the Duck and potatoes. My steak was probably one of the BEST steaks I have had in a while, if not ever. The mashed potatoes were just delicious and the green beans were so crisp and juicy, yet were steamed with some type of smokey something, I'm not sure what, but the beans were without a doubt the best I have ever had.

The wine selection was very good, I was expecting a bit more, but they had about 30 varieties that I could see. I chose the local sampler (3 tastes of wine from local vintners) and was just sent to the moon over this "Jealous Mistress" from Knob Hall winery in Clear Spring. I ordered a glass of that with my steak and it was the perfect combo. My guest, Pam, ordered a sampler of 3 wines from Spain and she too settled on one of those with her meal. I too had a taste and those Spanish wines were very good as well. One cool thing that they do here with the samplers is they send out a card that tells you what each wine is, info on the wine and more. I wish I would have remembered to bring one of those home, but that was great that they gave you all the info on the wine.

Overall I was stuffed, fat, happy and will be back for more sometime soon. Oh, and as far as the bill was concerned, for what I mentioned above, it was about $52.00 a person, but WELL worth it!

• Visited April 2014