“Impressive with outside seating” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 319 restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Take a right off Market St. onto Carroll Creek Way
Houston, Texas
“Impressive with outside seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stopped in after a round of golf for an afternoon lunch. We ordered the Mexican BLT and the Fish and Chips. The Mexican BLT was a nice change of pace. The Fish and Chips was light - not a heavy oil or heavy crisp. The wine selection is interesting. You can order three ways - 1. bottle 2. glass or 3. a sampling of three that are already in a trio on the menu. It was a nice way to explore some wines that you might not otherwise try. I would go back as they indicated that the menu changes as the food for seasons change. I like the local aspect to the food being served.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Bethesda, Maryland
“Wonderful find, a new favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Based on reviews on this site, we decided to try The Wine Kitchen for Sunday brunch. We try to find restaurants that source from local farms, and this one absolutely does.
We LOVED it. Great service, great food, very clean, excellent farm to table approach, comfortable, and just all around terrific experience. Everything we ate, and we ate way too much for just two people, was delicious and prepared excellently.

Plus, they have an excellent wine list.

A new favorite. Highly recommend them.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Livingston, New Jersey
“Fabulous Lunch @”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just returned from a weekend trip to Frederick Maryland and wanted to give a big recommendation to Wine Kitchen. I had done some research on some of the restaurants in Frederick while planning our trip and Wine Kitchen was one of the eateries I was interested in. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and my wife and I were walking along the "creek" when we came upon Wine Kitchen. We quickly grabbed a seat outside and a waitress was there in a snap. She went over the food menu as well as the wine menu. We decided to go for the three course price fix which was outstanding for just $23. The setting was beautiful..right on the water and we agreed we could have been sitting anywhere in the world on that beautiful day. The great thing about the price fix at Wine Kitchen is it is not very limited at all. You can choose from starters, scheese courses, salads, entrees and desserts. We had the tuna tartar and a 3 cheese plate complete with spreads for our first courses and both were outstanding. They also have a wonderful wine list complete with wine flights starting at $9 for three samples. My wife had the bubblies and I had the whites and both were great. We then both gor the Homemade papardelle with mushrooms and I finished with rainbow trout and my wife had the mushroom strudel. All of the dishes were great and the ones were wonderful. You must stop by Wine Kitchen for lunch!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore
“Excellent stop for a flight of wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I were in Frederick to dine at volt and were strolling along the creek when we came upon The Wine Kitchen. I suggested that we get a glass of wine and went in. They have a nice sitting area with a sofa and chairs, away from the bar, in front of a fireplace. We each had a flight of three wines, themed, along with some killer curried cashews and nicely prepared tempura pickles. The atmosphere and decor were very inviting and we thoroughly enjoyed the wine. I look forward to another opportunity to perhaps try the dinner menu in addition to the fine wines.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful food/ambiance! Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We just had a terrific lunch! Server was great giving us lots of options. The carrot/coconut soup was really good and we all had fish (three fish/chips and one Char). The beet salad was also
wonderful.