“Fresh, Inventive, Clever” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 321 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Take a right off Market St. onto Carroll Creek Way
Arlington VA
“Fresh, Inventive, Clever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a welcome addition to Frederick's restaurant scene. I met friends for brunch and the "3 for" deal is great. The fall salads were beautiful and delicious, the egg dishes were just right. The one complaint -- our service was VERY slow. the server apologized a number of times, but didn't offer complimentary coffee or any thing to redress the situation. If Wine Kitchen can work out this type of kink, they will be my go to place in Frederick.

• Visited November 2012

93% Recommend
North Pole, Alaska
“This place was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!! We hit happy hour which was awesome. The food was excellent. Our waitress was great. I would highly recommend a reservation. Probably not the best family place.

• Visited August 2012
“JUST GREAT!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

What a great find, nice place, brunch was absolutely great and very reasonable. Service was right on. And yes we'll be back soon.

Clarksburg, MD
“Excellent Service, Great Food, Wonderful Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Ate here recently on a Saturday night and had a wonderful experience. We didn't have a reservation, but had no issue getting a table for 2 around 7pm. By the time we left, the restaurant was quite crowded. I noticed many people trying wine flights with descriptions of the wines, but we didn't try that. The table next to us seemed to really like that experience. I tried their house red Sangria, which was good. For appetizers, I had the beet and apricot salad with goat cheese, arugula and pistachios. It was just the right balance and delicious. My husband tried the cream of cauliflower soup and thought it was excellent. For our entrees I had the special steak cut for the evening, which was a 12oz. strip with homemade mashed potatoes and chives and fresh green beans. The presentation was lovely. The steak came out on a wooden plate, with a black iron looking skillet that had the potatoes in it. Then the green beans surrounded the steak. I asked for the steak medium. I have to say it was more rare than medium, but I personally love a rare steak. The mashed potatoes where some of the best I've ever had. My husband had the venison special. He usually does not like venison because it is "gamey" but this was special venison from New Zealand that is raised for eating and was very mild with only a hint of gaminess. That meal came over cabbage with turnips, mushrooms and huckleberries. He said the flavors worked perfectly together and left nothing for me to sample. We skipped dessert, since we were more than full from dinner. The table next to us tried the chocolate cake with ice cream and the slice of cake has gigantic! They seemed to really enjoy it, but couldn't finish it. The tables are very close together in this restaurant, but i didn't feel like I was listening in on our neighbors. The decor was very modern but warm. Our sever was extremely knowledgeable and attentive and able to offer us suggestions and answer all our questions easily. For 2 drinks each, 2 appetizers and 2 entrees we spent $109 before tip. The steak cut and the venison special were two of the most expensive things on the menu at $35 and $32 dollars. There are several entrees in the $20s range, and they have a nice selection of seafood and meat based dishes. I would highly recommend this restaurant. We plan on returning.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodsboro, MD
“Just wonderful - service and food outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've enjoyed Happy Hour and appetizers here a couple times. Recently I enjoyed one of their lunches and let me tell you - it was wonderful!! Located on Carroll Creek in Frederick, MD, this venue offers indoor dining as well as seating on their outside patio area. It was a warm fall day and my friend and I decided to dine here to enjoy the weather on the patio. We also picked this place as it had been one of the sponsors of a Breast Cancer 5K race we'd just completed. We each enjoyed one of the "wine flights" - an option of selecting a grouping of wines which provides for a small sampling of three different wines paired together by the restaurant. We had the BLT sandwich with salad and the burger and fries. It was all delicious! Our service was fantastic which is important to me. I always have great service at The Wine Kitchen. One of my top places now in town. (yes, I am a local).

• Visited October 2012