“Awesome Ghost Tour With Kristina” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 16 Activities in Frederick
New Market, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome Ghost Tour With Kristina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

If you love hearing ghost stories or are into history, then a tour with Candlelight is a great way to spend an evening in beautiful historic Frederick. Our tour guide Kristina was knowledgeable and personable. The whole planning and execution of the tour was a snap. I had a group of 10 going on the tour, I called the week of the planned date and the gentleman on the phone was very helpful. We arrived at the meeting place and the tour guides were timely and we started our tour promptly. The tour is an easy walk around Frederick lasting 90 minutes and covers stories and history from Colonial Maryland to the present. Some of the stories are a bit graphic, so I would not recommend this tour for families with very young children. Now I want to do their Cemetary tour!

Visited November 2013

“Mount Olivet cemetery tour-best historical tour in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went on the cemetery tour last Saturday. It was extremely busy, but no one was turned away. We were divided into two groups and it was very easy to stay together and to hear the guide. Our guide was wonderful! He had a great knowledge and passion for the history of the cemetery. This is not so much a ghost tour, as a tour filled with the history of the inhabitants of the cemetery. I learned a lot of things I didn't know about the area and a lot of history that I was surprised to discover, and I am a huge history buff. My 11 year old daughter was with my husband and I, and she had a great time, as well. There were many "rambunctious" boys on the tour, and the guide dealt with them patiently, but was good with not letting them run the show, as children sometimes try to do. I would DEFINITELY recommend this tour.

Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Cheesy and Boring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

OK, we thought this could be fun because it would be a good way to see the town at night and get a mini history lesson and perhaps hear some spooky tales from the past. Not the case. They basically walked 20 of us around to places where things use to be and told us what poeple more recently have seen. Liek a mail lady seeing a reflection of a victorian lady in a window while delivering mail mid day... really? Not gonna leave chill bumps. Another was about people seeign curtains move while walkign past... again really? There was very littl eback story or a gruesome past or dark even thtat would lead up to this kinda story either. We went to where a jail use to be and she told a story of a lady that was walking a dog and saw a man come twards her and walk trough the building. But just one account, no others. I can crack that up to the lady being crazy or drunk and call it a day. I was expecting stories of gruesome events, murder, executions, fires, battles, morbid deaths that would cause a spirit to linger, not the case. The scariest part of the whole tour is when the guide would randomly scream to try and scare you, that worked. Any time someone abruptly screams at your face and you are not expecting it, you will likely wince. It was a good way to see the town at night and get a tiny bit of history, but once was enough. It was OK. Fine for kids, not scary, and not full of a ton of history. If you have an hour and a half to kill and want to walk around at night, go for it, but if you are expecting a legit ghost tour and not a bunch of stories of what some people say they have seen like a peice or paper blowing off a desk.... maybe look for a different tour. OH, and the guides dress up in colonial get ups and carry lanterns and walk you around and all of the other patrons walking around town will laugh at you becuase it looks so goofy. I think the cemetary tour might be more interesting.

Visited October 2013
Frederick, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
“Must do while in Frederick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This was by far one of the best values for the money I've experienced! Our tour guide was very knowledgeable while also entertaining. I chose this tour more for the historical events than I did for the ghost part...but in saying that I really enjoyed the freaky ghost part as well. I wouldn't suggest you take young children, although there were a few in our group, but they must have been the type if kids that don't get easily freaked, or maybe even like this stuff. My kids however stayed home, and it's a good thing they did! You must go and experience for yourself! Can't beat it for a measly $10. And please remember to tip the guide, I couldn't believe how many people on this tour that did not.

Visited August 2012
Frederick, Maryland
24 attraction reviews
“Highly knowledgeable tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went on the cemetery tour last Friday (6/7/13), and had a great time. This isn't a ghost tour, although the guide tells a few spooky tales at the end of the tour, but it's very entertaining. You learn a lot about the historical figures in the cemetery, as well as the tomb stones, and statues.

I was part of a very inquisitive bunch, and our guide was able to answer all of our questions. He really knew his stuff!

I would recommend this tour, as well as the downtown ghost tour, for visitors, and locals alike.

Visited June 2013