“Wonderful Service, Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 322 Restaurants in Frederick
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Frederick
“Wonderful Service, Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My daughter and I dropped in after doing a little walking around Frederick. We had no reservations and the place looked full, but they found a nice cozy table for two right away. The atmosphere is perfect...Frederick is a small city, but we get a lot of big city visitors (Wash and Balt) who expect good food, good service, and nice atmosphere. This place is authentic. We ate a light meal, then ordered desserts which are just fantastic. Not sweet heavy mounds of food, but light, tasty, delicacies that make me want desert first. You have to try the Kanom Mor - Gang. Its fantastic! And it the reason my daughter asked if we can return there for her birthday dinner - she is allowed to pick any restaurant, and she chose Sumittra.

• Visited April 2013

frederick, md
“Evening with family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The family went to celebrate a ring ceremony for our daughter entering senior year at college. Cozy setting in an old hardware store in the heart of Frederick. Plenty of parking near by. Staff was gracious with explaining menu and offered selections. Fine selection of wine and speciality drinks. Food was listed in rate of spiciness. Food was great, even for a first time Thai eater. Price was not overly high and all around the evening was very enjoyable.

• Visited March 2013
Reston, Virginia, United States
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Wonderful service and delicious food. If you're looking for vegan fare in Frederick, check out Sumittra's. My husband had Spicey Mussels and Pad Khing, I had the Vegetable Spring Rolls with Chili Sauce, Seaweed Salad with Sesame Dressing, and vegan Pad Thai with tofu. For dessert we split Sticky Rice with Mango. Every dish we had was as lovely to look at as it was delicious!

• Visited March 2013
Germantown, Maryland
“Thai-Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I love this place. We go 2-3 times a month and we live in Germantown. From other reviews you can tell the food is outstanding. My favorite is the Chicken Kra-Pow and my wife likes the Chicken Green Curry with Eggplant. Also, the curry puffs are great. However, the best part about this family run restaurant is the staff. They are by far the most accommodating, nicest people I've ever experienced in the restaurant world. In a world where customer service is a lost art, they've got it nailed down. This place is a gem! We will always be back!

• Visited February 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Really great food. Very fast and friendly service. One of my favorite spots in Frederick. I have never had anything here I didn't like, but I particuraly like the lemongrass soup, coconut soup, and the spring rolls. The crunchy to-fu was also awsome. The food comes out fast. I wish they were open all day, but they start at 4:30pm. I am writting them a good review while I wait for them to open so I can have more. Thanks Sumittra!

• Visited February 2013