“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Reston, Virginia, United States
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Wonderful service and delicious food. If you're looking for vegan fare in Frederick, check out Sumittra's. My husband had Spicey Mussels and Pad Khing, I had the Vegetable Spring Rolls with Chili Sauce, Seaweed Salad with Sesame Dressing, and vegan Pad Thai with tofu. For dessert we split Sticky Rice with Mango. Every dish we had was as lovely to look at as it was delicious!

• Visited March 2013

90% Recommend
Germantown, Maryland
“Thai-Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I love this place. We go 2-3 times a month and we live in Germantown. From other reviews you can tell the food is outstanding. My favorite is the Chicken Kra-Pow and my wife likes the Chicken Green Curry with Eggplant. Also, the curry puffs are great. However, the best part about this family run restaurant is the staff. They are by far the most accommodating, nicest people I've ever experienced in the restaurant world. In a world where customer service is a lost art, they've got it nailed down. This place is a gem! We will always be back!

Frederick, Maryland
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Really great food. Very fast and friendly service. One of my favorite spots in Frederick. I have never had anything here I didn't like, but I particuraly like the lemongrass soup, coconut soup, and the spring rolls. The crunchy to-fu was also awsome. The food comes out fast. I wish they were open all day, but they start at 4:30pm. I am writting them a good review while I wait for them to open so I can have more. Thanks Sumittra!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Franklin Lakes
“Pleasand dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Three of us enjoyed a very pleasant dinner here. Good service, excellent ambiance, and very good food. We particularly enjoyed the pad thai and the drunken noodles. Plus they have a good Thai beer. Reasonably priced. We would definitely come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Best Thai Food I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Sumittra is a quaint little restaurant with delicious thai food. Great for couples, business, friends etc. Maybe kids, but only if they like thai food. MAKE RESERVATIONS. Place is always busy.

Visited August 2012