“Pleasand dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Franklin Lakes
“Pleasand dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Three of us enjoyed a very pleasant dinner here. Good service, excellent ambiance, and very good food. We particularly enjoyed the pad thai and the drunken noodles. Plus they have a good Thai beer. Reasonably priced. We would definitely come back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Frederick, Maryland
“Best Thai Food I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Sumittra is a quaint little restaurant with delicious thai food. Great for couples, business, friends etc. Maybe kids, but only if they like thai food. MAKE RESERVATIONS. Place is always busy.

Visited August 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Located right off Market Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The food here is excellent. Our favorite is the Volcanic Shrimp and Pad dishes. They have very good crispy Spring Rolls for an appetizer. Our favorite Thai restaurant in Frederick.

Visited December 2012
NiazaDG
“Best Drunken Noodles if you like Spicyyyyy!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

So trying to find a place to accommodate my south eastern Asian family is hard since they always require cuisine that has rice! We always have to fall back on Thai or Chinese. Found this place on yelp and soooo glad we did! My dish was amazing - got the drunken noodles with chicken and it was on point!!! It was very spicy so if your stomach can't handle it, I would go with something else. My brother ordered Jungle curry and it wasn't his favorite, he said it was too spicy and the veggies didn't complement each other well.
This place gets busy but our server was very attentive which was a plus. Very narrow restaurant but cool ambience and it does get loud. Overall, I would come back to this place again next time I'm in town!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, Maryland
“A Delicious and Flavorful Meal with Wonderful Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I went to Sumittra for a late lunch early, dinner meal. With the weather beginning to chill, I felt like having something warm to eat, like a bowl of noodles. I had the Kao Soi curry noodles with shrimp and my husband had the Penang curry with chicken and rice. For appetizer, we had their ocean spring rolls. Those were probably the best spring rolls I've had in a very long time. The combination of cilantro with I believe shrimp and scallops were so tasty. The Kao Soi was so comforting and the curry soup absolutely delicious. The combination and portion of vegetables with noodles, including a touch of crunchy noodles with shrimp was perfect. We loved every last drop of the noodle soup and the Penang sauce. I will definitely return and look forward to trying another dish! Thanks to Sumittra also for providing such great service. Very sweet and attentive staff! You really get a sense that they care for their customers by cooking with quality ingredients and local veges.

• Visited October 2012