“Best Drunken Noodles if you like Spicyyyyy!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 321 restaurants in Frederick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
NiazaDG
“Best Drunken Noodles if you like Spicyyyyy!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

So trying to find a place to accommodate my south eastern Asian family is hard since they always require cuisine that has rice! We always have to fall back on Thai or Chinese. Found this place on yelp and soooo glad we did! My dish was amazing - got the drunken noodles with chicken and it was on point!!! It was very spicy so if your stomach can't handle it, I would go with something else. My brother ordered Jungle curry and it wasn't his favorite, he said it was too spicy and the veggies didn't complement each other well.
This place gets busy but our server was very attentive which was a plus. Very narrow restaurant but cool ambience and it does get loud. Overall, I would come back to this place again next time I'm in town!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Middletown, Maryland
“A Delicious and Flavorful Meal with Wonderful Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I went to Sumittra for a late lunch early, dinner meal. With the weather beginning to chill, I felt like having something warm to eat, like a bowl of noodles. I had the Kao Soi curry noodles with shrimp and my husband had the Penang curry with chicken and rice. For appetizer, we had their ocean spring rolls. Those were probably the best spring rolls I've had in a very long time. The combination of cilantro with I believe shrimp and scallops were so tasty. The Kao Soi was so comforting and the curry soup absolutely delicious. The combination and portion of vegetables with noodles, including a touch of crunchy noodles with shrimp was perfect. We loved every last drop of the noodle soup and the Penang sauce. I will definitely return and look forward to trying another dish! Thanks to Sumittra also for providing such great service. Very sweet and attentive staff! You really get a sense that they care for their customers by cooking with quality ingredients and local veges.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Not quite Thai-riffic but not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This restaurant is pleasant enough if a bit pricier than most Thai restaurants I've been to. The presentation of the food was imaginative, but the taste was only slighlty above average.

My recommendation: if you are in the area, it's worth a try. But I wouldn't go out of your way.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sumittra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I went there to relax and have a quiet dinner by myself after a long day at the office and it turned out to be a busy night. Just my luck. But the service and food were good. Nothing spectacular. They don't take Amex, fyi.

Visited August 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food, Great location, Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We got the crab and avocado spring roll appetizer, which was delicious. For our entrées we had the drunken noodles which were great but VERY SPICY. I asked for it with squid instead of their choices of chicken, steak, shrimp or vegetables and they made it with no issue. My wife got the pad Thai with vegetables and it was also excellent. we both got that Sumitra Cooler drink (vodka w/ raspberry limeaid) on a night that was very hot and it was definitely refreshing. The service was good however our server was very busy and we could never order another round of drinks. It was also very hot inside the restaurant but I will give them a pass because it's an old building and it was probably 100° outside that night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere