“Don't Waste Your Time or Money” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Frederick, Maryland
“Don't Waste Your Time or Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I am new to the area and happened into this restaurant. We asked to see a menu before deciding to be seated. The host who I think was also the owner seemed a bit put off by this. He said, "If you don't like it, then you don't have to come back." Why we stayed, I do not know. We were seated in a back corner that was very dark. There were lots of well-lit tables available, but we were put in a dark corner. We ordered a bottle of wine. When it came, it had already been opened (bit no no) and was served with accompanying juice glasses. Odd. I ordered basic Fettucini Alfredo. The flavor was okay but there was way too much sauce. It was like Fettucini soup. My husband ordered a pasta with mussels. He said they were just okay. He was sick during the night though and fine the next day. We suspect the mussels. Who knows. We won't be back and recommend that you don't go either. There are many good Italian Restaurants in Frederick.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nidosristorante, Owner at Nido's Little Italy Ristorante, responded to this review, November 30, 2014
Hi! We are the new owners of Nido's as of July 1, 2014. We are sorry that you had a bad experience prior to this date. We have read your review as well as others and value your comments and suggestions. Nido's has been a Frederick tradition for 27 years and we are hoping to add a shining new twist to this classic. We look forward to serving you for the next 27 years and beyond!!

Linthicum, MD
“Old-Fashioned Charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were here with our daughter, son-in-law, and infant grandson for a midweek lunch. Our waiter could not have been more charming. The checked tablecloths and fake grape arbor hark back to an earlier time. I loved that the wine was served in stemless glasses that look more like juice glasses. This is entirely authentic and traditional. We enjoyed our lasagne. No, it's not on the cutting edge of anything. But you will receive a warm welcome and a satisfying meal. Hipsters should probably dine elsewhere!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Just OK and bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This place is OK. THe food is decent but the service is really poor. We ordered tomato and monzarella salad and it looked like something my 10 year old neice threw together. Bad tomatoes and cheap monzarella with italian dressing all over it. Then the bread came... The bread was COLD. It was cold semi stale italian bread that we barely touched. Then came the Pasta. The Pasta was ok. The noodles were more then al dente, they were still kinda hard. The baked ziti was a flat layer on a plate baked in a dish. There was not a whol lot of it, but enough. I was starving and finished my plate which I rarely do, then the manager came up to me and made a comment that I must have really liked it becasue I cleaned the plate so well he does not even need to wash the dish. Really? kinda rude. The water glasses were small an we never got a refill even though we asked several times. The price was way too high for what you got. Our server barely spoke english and we had to point at the menu to what we wanted. The place is cute, small and quaint, but left much to be desired. Like I said the food was OK but the service was awful and the menu was short and nothing to write home about. Maybe try Olives on Market if you want a decent italian meal. Also the manager kept pacign back and forth staring at tables that were out of drinks or didnt have silverware and never said anyhting unless it was to insult you for finishing your plate. I will not be going back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, West Virginia
“Dangerously Cheesy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Beautiful interiors as soon as you walk in. Dimly lit, trellis on the ceiling with fake grape vines pulled through with some twinkle lights and plates on the walls.

The server that we got did not speak English particularly well, which our hotel had warned us might happen. He was not, however, Iranian. I think there might have been a bit of confusion with some people in the past who just saw that the servers didn't speak English as a first language and were moderately dusky skinned and automatically went middle-eastern, but I'm pretty darned sure our guy was Italian.

The food was very good. We got two orders of garlic bread, an order of the fresh mozzarella on tomatoes, stuffed cheese shells (as opposed to the "staffed meat shells"), and the lasagna. The cheese was very fresh, very good, and very present in everything but the garlic bread. When I cut into my stuff shells, I could string out the cheese for almost a foot before it broke. Delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St Louis, MO
“Bad experience felt sorry for the servers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went to Nido's because we are from out of town, were in historical Frederick, and wanted some Italian food. We had a large part of 13 including 2 kids and a baby, and they sat us in a back room on our own which was great. It was nice not to worry about the baby disturbing other customers.
So the first bad sign was that it took about 5 minutes to get our drinks ordered and 10 minutes after that we got them. After that we got one drink refill all around and we were there for like 2 hours, not good. So I look at the menu and it looks like a pretty standard non-chain Italian restraunt menu. It was pretty pricey and looking more closely at the menu the high prices didn't included a salad with the entree, but you could purchase one for $5. We ordered, and as expected the food came out slowly. A couple of people in our party ordered the $5 dinner salad, which consisted of a rather small amount of iceburg lettuce, some shave carrots, shaved raddishes, and tomato wedge. When they came it was pretty appearent that there was no dressing. We asked the server and they pointed to the bottles of oil and vinegar and salt and pepper shakers. We had to ask for some parmesan cheese. The $5 salad was upsetting.
The rest of the food starts trickling out, and by trickling I mean 10 minutes between when the first and last entree dishes hit the table. I order the tortallini(sp?), and it tasted kind of chewy, it reminded me of the cheap tortallini my mom bought frozen that I ate as a kid. My dad on the other hand had a bowl of Fetticini and shrimp and it was great. My brother-in-law's lasagna was literally rancid. It even smelled bad. He had a bite in his mouth for about a half of a second before he spit it out it was so bad.
In all of this though I have to say the servers looked like they were working extremely hard. I didn't see them stop moving. I think they were understaffed. They didn't even have trays to use to get the food out. If felt sorry for them and left extra tip.
I would highly recommend staying away from this place.

• Visited July 2013