“Wonderful little gem for tea lovers” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British, Tea Room
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Frederick, Maryland
“Wonderful little gem for tea lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I are kicking ourselves for not discovering Serenity Tearoom sooner. It was the perfect way to spending a cold Saturday afternoon. And the owners were delightful, lovely people.

We popped into Serenity out of curiosity without reservations. Despite having missed the seating time for tea, Blanche and her husband readily made an exception for us and sat us. The tea sandwiches and canapes were all delicious, but the highlight was definitely the scones. And the selection of teas was vast and almost overwhelming. I can definitely recommend the Golden Monkey tea. My wife enjoyed some caramel tea with milk.

Tea lovers should put this on your list. Reservations are highly recommended.

Also, all of the teas are Fair Trade. We bought some loose tea to enjoy at home.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Walkersville, Maryland
“High Tea- An afternoon of delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went to celebrate a birthday and both of the others had never been to a high tea so it was not only a delicious afternoon but a fun one. Every bite of all the tea sandwiches, scones, fruit, soup, salad, tea cakes were just mouth watering great and wanted to have more. The teas were as always wonderful and a way to warm our chilled bodies from the outside rain and cold. The tea room is owned by a delightful woman and she always is there to make sure your time spent is well worth the trip and you are satisfied. She can describe all the many flavors of teas and they are also offered for sale. Everything I believe is made fresh at her shop. The tea room is small and quaint and comfortable, it is always a pleasure when I return. The ladies with me thought is was fabulous and cant wait to return again. If you are looking for a place that is a step up from the ordinary, plan a visit.

Germantown, Maryland
“Oh the SCONES!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Although this is my first trip to Serenity Tearoom it will certainly not be my last. There is an amazing selection of teas to choose from. I went with the 'Buckingham Palace Garden Party' and later switched to the Earl Grey Cream. Even before the first bite of my delicious cranberry orange scone, the quiet and quaint atmosphere created a pleasant retreat from the drizzly downtown Frederick streets. I advise you to request a table by the window, it will add to the overall experience. Every month the owner features a new handmade scone. They are a force to be reckoned with!! A simple dab of homemade jam and then clotted cream will send your tastebuds soaring through the roof! Ms. Blanch Henry, the proprietor, personal greets every patron and takes the time to explain the menus choices. There are three different tea packages to choose from. I chose the Traditional High Tea package. Overall this was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Make sure you call ahead a few days to make a reservation. Cheers.

Columbia, MD
“Beautiful afternoon tea on a rainy day....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went to tea at Serenity yesterday, for the second time to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. It was raining hard on our drive there and we hoped we did the right thing....well we did as the second tea we had there was every bit as good as the first. We were there on a Saturday and the first seating was full, so we had a reservation for the second seating, full except for one table. Blanche and her husband did an excellent job in a very busy environment and the food was delicious. We've been to tea in England numerous times and are so glad it has taken root here, but it is hard to get a TRUE English tea like this with all handmade food. We'll be back....I am planning an outing for my knitting group next time.

Frederick, Maryland
“Classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I travel to London all the time. Serenity Tearoom is better than 95% of the tea rooms I've tried there! The menu items are classic & freshly made. Service is friendly. The room is Victorian but not formal. I have taken 1-3 family members & friends at a time; however, I have seen small bridal/baby showers there. I certainly recommend Serenity Tearoom!

• Visited August 2013