“OK Italian food, great service” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Walkersville, Maryland
“OK Italian food, great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Our visit last Friday evening was our 2nd time to Fellini's, our first time being on a very hot summer day earlier this year. Both time we dined here, the place was virtually empty, both times on weekends. Granted, the first visit was on a 100+ degree August evening, but the 2nde was on a fall Friday evening. I think the locations may be the biggest reason for the lack of customers, as the food was OK, and the service was excellent.

On our first visit, I had the Penne Rustica which was excellent. Definitely too heavy for a hot day, so most of it came home with me. It was filled with chicken and shrimp and a delicious creamy sauce. My husband ordered veal parm which was also very good. On our most recent visit, I ordered the eggplant parm which was a large portion of eggplant with a small side of pasta, covered in a tasty, chunky tomato sauce. Unfortunately most of the eggplant was so tough and fiberous I was only able to eat about 1/2 of it. I should have sent it back, but was full and didn't want to wait for something else. My husband gain ordered the veal parm, and again it was very good. We also ordered the coconut shrimp appetizer, which was good, although the marmelade dipping sauce seemed like jarred marmelade..nothing special. The best thing we both had at Fellini's was ice-cold Yuengling on tap!

We'll probably visit again because it's close to home and a good place to go when we don't want to wait somewhere else, but not a place we'd go out of our way for. Our server was Debbie, and she was great..another reason we'll consider visiting again.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hagerstown, MD
“Not Bad but Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Liked: Greeted and seated promptly. Large menu selection, reasonably priced. Salad fresh. Pasta cooked to perfection – not to soft or too firm – just right. Mariana sauce perfect – right blend of tomatoes and spices. Ample portion.

Disliked: Tables too close together. Italian restaurant should be playing Sinatra, Bennett, Martin, Lanza, Darin, etc as background music. Too much sauce on entrée. Would prefer to put my own cheese on entrée as there was too much for me. Bread had too much parsley on it – would have preferred good Italian or Sourdough bread that I could put butter on and more than one slice. Waitress did not check on me after receiving entrée.

• Visited April 2011