“Extremely Small Portions” 1 of 5 stars

Cross street: 2nd St
Baltimore, Maryland
“Extremely Small Portions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We visited the new Shab Row Bistro last night excited to try something new in Frederick. $150 later (for two people) we were extremely disappointed. Everything was very pricey and the portions were incredibly small. The wine was nothing to rave about for the $12 a glass that it cost. My husband and I love eating out and we don't mind spending the money for a wonderful meal and a great glass of wine. But I don't like leaving a restaurant still hungry after spending $150 and feeling completely ripped off.
We will not return.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Frederick, Maryland
“Awesome atmosphere, way too expensive for average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

My girlfriend and I went for brunch this past Sunday. We were extremely impressed with the atmosphere! It's got a modern feel with a great view of the winery next door as well as to the outside. The service was excellent. It felt like every employee was there to help you, not just your server, which was cool.

On the downside, I ordered eggs Benedict for $16 and it was nothing more than a better looking, open faced egg mcmuffin. No side dish other than bread at the table. My girlfriend got mushroom raviolis for $15, which were very small and she got about 10. After spending $46 before tax and tip (we each got a drink), we both left hungry.

I'll definitely go back for a drink or two when I'm downtown on the weekend, but will never eat there again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere