“Great BBQ.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Pittsburgh, PA EEUU
“Great BBQ.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Had lunch, great BBQ but the place was busy and only had one server. She was so busy that she seemed unfriendly, although I doubt she really was.

Visited July 2014

Frederick, Maryland
“A Date Night Favorite! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

As a Frederick local, we've been to Black Hog BBQ countless times, and can't get enough! It really is the best in Frederick! We are looking forward to the new North Frederick location opening soon, as much as we enjoy the downtown location. I like that you can order multiple meats, and there are great sides! Black Hog is delicious and delightful!

Lancaster PA
“Very good Q”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Took the fam here based on reviews, all lovers of good BBQ, and we all enjoyed it. My kids & I are brisket snobs & we were not disappointed. My wife got the Arkansas Beef which was the burnt ends slathered with their house sauce & it was delicious. Having a selection of sauces at the table was nice. And the fries were excellent! I feel the portions & prices were fine. The place can get noisy but that's just part of the fun atmosphere this place has. Our server and overall service was great.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“My wife and I didn't care for it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I know this place has wonderful reviews and ratings however my wife and I have never been impressed with this place. It does look nice on the inside and the staff was friendly. However we didn't care for the food. My wife and I have eaten at more BBQ places than we can count. We found the food to be overly salty on the 3 occasions we ate there and a little pricey for what you get.

We prefer more traditional BBQ places and this is more of a chain style place. I know they are building another location so I'm happy to see they are doing good, however I can't recommend them.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
WC, PA
“Great Place for Saturday Afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I happened to be in Frederick for business and looked on Trip advisor to find a good place to eat. I was thrilled to see a BBQ place in the top of the restaurant listings so I thought why not.

Lets say the place was packed @ almost 2pm on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I managed to grab a seat at the bar which worked out perfect. The bartender BJ was on top of his game, was a pleasure watching him work helping everyone around the bar and handling all the drink orders. I asked what was good and he gave me the standard reply, "everything" with one exception he was right !. I tried the wings, a 3 meat platter and 1/2 rack of ribs(split wet and dry). The food was great the dry rub was fantastic on the wings and equally as good on the ribs. The wet BBQ sauce for the ribs was a Kanas City style but not overly sweet.

I tried the brisket, pulled pork and KC style meet, which was like small cubes of beef marinated.. everything was awesome. Those of you who know BBQ know already that this was way too much food for one person to finish however, I did manage to put a good dent in the platters.

The place was busy but the wait isn't long. If your in Frederick or close make you way here.. you'll thank me later and BTW say hello to BJ behind the bar. Tell em Ravin sent you

• Visited July 2014