“Very good Q” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Lancaster PA
“Very good Q”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Took the fam here based on reviews, all lovers of good BBQ, and we all enjoyed it. My kids & I are brisket snobs & we were not disappointed. My wife got the Arkansas Beef which was the burnt ends slathered with their house sauce & it was delicious. Having a selection of sauces at the table was nice. And the fries were excellent! I feel the portions & prices were fine. The place can get noisy but that's just part of the fun atmosphere this place has. Our server and overall service was great.

• Visited June 2014

Frederick, Maryland
“My wife and I didn't care for it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I know this place has wonderful reviews and ratings however my wife and I have never been impressed with this place. It does look nice on the inside and the staff was friendly. However we didn't care for the food. My wife and I have eaten at more BBQ places than we can count. We found the food to be overly salty on the 3 occasions we ate there and a little pricey for what you get.

We prefer more traditional BBQ places and this is more of a chain style place. I know they are building another location so I'm happy to see they are doing good, however I can't recommend them.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
WC, PA
“Great Place for Saturday Afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I happened to be in Frederick for business and looked on Trip advisor to find a good place to eat. I was thrilled to see a BBQ place in the top of the restaurant listings so I thought why not.

Lets say the place was packed @ almost 2pm on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I managed to grab a seat at the bar which worked out perfect. The bartender BJ was on top of his game, was a pleasure watching him work helping everyone around the bar and handling all the drink orders. I asked what was good and he gave me the standard reply, "everything" with one exception he was right !. I tried the wings, a 3 meat platter and 1/2 rack of ribs(split wet and dry). The food was great the dry rub was fantastic on the wings and equally as good on the ribs. The wet BBQ sauce for the ribs was a Kanas City style but not overly sweet.

I tried the brisket, pulled pork and KC style meet, which was like small cubes of beef marinated.. everything was awesome. Those of you who know BBQ know already that this was way too much food for one person to finish however, I did manage to put a good dent in the platters.

The place was busy but the wait isn't long. If your in Frederick or close make you way here.. you'll thank me later and BTW say hello to BJ behind the bar. Tell em Ravin sent you

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Love Black Hog. Had the pulled pork meal with mac n cheese and enjoyed it all.

Portions on the "sides" are pretty small for the price, but almost make up for it with quality taste. Good beer selection (all in can/bottle).

Patio for outdoor seating would be perfect on a nice day.

• Visited July 2014
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Excellent food ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Excellent menu and service. I had the Carolina BBQ and it was excellent. Sweet potato sides were mire like dessert than a side dish! Reasonably priced. Overall a great experience.