“Yum!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Walkersville, Maryland
“Yum!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Some of the best BBQ I have had!! I have been to this place several times and each time it gets better and better... I especially like the special during the week. Keeps the bill lower!!
My favorites are the dry rub ribs and the beef brisket sandwich!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Maryland
“Best BBQ ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was not a BBQ fan until the black Hog. Love the pulled pork shoulder with Kansas City sauce. It's sweet and spicy. The sides are great too, especially the home made fries. Only one problem...if I would eat it as often as I crave it, we would need bigger doors and sturdier chairs! Most excellent BBQ.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“Some of the BBQ I've had in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Black Hog has two great styles of BBQ (St. Louis wet and Memphis Dry rub). Both are great, but I prefer the dry rub with their own spicy BBQ sauce. Great place for friends and/or family - very comfortable dining environment.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Md
“Black Hog = mmmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I first went to the original Frederick Black Hog to meet up with friends. I was so happy to find such a great, non-pretentious place with the greatest barbeque ever! And as much as I hate to see Urbana go from pastures and cornfields to grossly over-crowded suburbia, it is nice to have our very own Black Hog right around the corner. We ordered several pounds of a variety of meats for a birthday party; with that and some rolls, the party is ON. Give them a try! A word of warning, though: They are not open Sundays, which caused great disappointment once or twice.

Visited May 2013
The Villages, Florida
“A hog and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

BBQ was a lost art in Frederick until Black Hog came to town. This hole in the wall joint cooks up a mean barbecue from different regions of the country. You can get North Carolina style, Kansas City style, Texas brisket, and other variations that will suit your palate. I love the sides, especially the greens with some hot sauce.

Soon to expand on the north side of town, Black Hog will be the best barbecue institution in Frederick and I highly recommend it

• Visited January 2014