“'Pure Barbecue!'” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Frederick
“'Pure Barbecue!'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a fun place, as long as you're open to the experience. Service is friendly and good. Atmosphere is as authentic,'inner city' as this quaint town can offer. The food is really, really good.A converted auto repair shop, the walls are not soundproofed. Clean, noisy, and busy, but I love the place, and come often!!
The 'scenic' is of downtown, and can be very entertaining, sometimes!

• Visited October 2013

Frederick, Maryland
“It's all about the 'Hog!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Consistent, yummy goodness. I lived a bock and a half from Black Hog for over two years -- sometimes in the morning when I would go for a run, I could smell them getting started and it was both heavenly and torturous. You sometimes have to wait for a table, but you should with a good eatery. My personal favorite is the Luke Burger with Pulled Pork on top. Fair prices, good atmosphere. When friends come from out of town, they are always surprised that we have a place like Black Hog. And I am very glad we do!

• Visited December 2013
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Every meal I've ever had at Black Hog BBQ has been outstanding. The pit beef is excellent and the pulled pork can't be beat. If you can't decide what to have, they have combination plates so you can try a portion of 2 or 3 different meats.

My daughter was never really keen on BBQ until we came to Black Hog BBQ. Her restaurant of choice for her birthday was Black Hog BBQ!

They are opening a new site in north Frederick which will be closer to us and we can't wait.

• Visited January 2014
Frederick, Maryland
“Best Barbeque in the Area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been to both locations of the black hog. The food was consistently great, service exceptional, and great value. No better barbeque in the entire area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Great BBQ - Just like Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Went to Liberty Mountain for a great Valentine's day and wanted to stop for some good BBQ on the way back to DC. We were not disappointed. All 4 people in our party had a fantastic lunch. The food came out very fast and everything was great! Huge fan of the sweet tea - reminded me of my dad's brew. Completely recommend this place!

• Visited February 2014