“Delicious!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Pittsburgh, Pa
“Delicious!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal here! Service was quick, perhaps not supremely friendly. My boyfriend and I both had a 2 meat combo with one side. The brisket was delicious and I really enjoyed the vinegary Carolina pulled pork. I REALLY like their sauces, as most of them , all but the KC one, had a kick. We both enjoy spicy sauces! Wish they had sold the Carolina one in a jar! Not super cheap but not expensive either for very good barbecue! If we are in the area, we will most certainly go back!

Visited March 2013

PA
“Lots of choices and great beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We ate at the Black Hog for a friend's birthday on a Friday night. The place is not huge, so all tables were seated pretty quickly and there is not too much room for people to wait around in. There is a small bar tucked in the corner, so check there for a seat and eat there if you want. Lots of parking off street behind the building, which is convenient. My husband had a 3 meat platter and I had a chicken platter. Sides are all homemade and yummy! There are different sauces on the table so you can mix and match as much as you like. The beer list had some excellent, unique craft beer choices as well as the regular choices. Try the Vanilla Porter or the "Sweet Baby Jesus" - a chocolate peanut butter porter brewed in Maryland. Both are excellent, hard to find choices. Server was pleasant and attentive, prices are reasonable, and we would definitely eat there again. We had no room for dessert as the meals fill you up!

Oakfield, New York
“Good food, fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant once before, and again, it didn't disappoint. I had the pulled pork, which was very good. My husband wanted brisket, but they were out. So he ordered the Arkansas beef, and it was quite possibly the best BBQ beef I've had. And, the mac and cheese is made with real cheese...really good. The dining room is small, but service is efficient.

Hagerstown, MD
“Average barbeque”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My girl friend and I had gone there for lunch in Aug., 2012 and loved it!! We talked about returning for months and finally got the chance to go there for dinner tonight. We were seated immediately, even though it's a Friday night and dinner time-prob. around 6 PM. The waitress came right over and got our drink orders. She asked if we had any questions and if we were ready to order. We weren't quite at that point, so she came back. I got the briskett plate with potato salad and my friend got the pulled pork and mac and cheese. The meals came with corn bread. We ate our food and paid the bill and left. On the way out, I commented to my friend, that I had remembered our meal in Aug. to be a lot better and she said the same. We aren't sure why. Not in a hurry to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“GREAT pulled pork and greens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been here twice and had the pulled pork sandwich both times. It's a little pricey for BBQ but the food is outstanding! The greens are probably the best I've ever had outside of the South and maybe even better. I wish it was a little bit less expensive and that coleslaw came with the barbecue sandwiches. I ate at the bar and I had very good service but there was a server that had a little bit of attitude towards the manager in front of the customers while I was there. The restaurant was filled with military personnel from the local army base which tells me that transplants from other parts of the country were coming here for "real" BBQ. YUMMY!!!