“Hog Heaven.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Hunt Valley, Maryland
“Hog Heaven.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I stopped into the Black Hog on our way west on I70 because of reviews I had seen on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. My wife loves Carolina BBQ and the Black Hog gets it right. I had a burger with brisket on top and it was a great combo. Portions were generous, fries were delicious, as were the baked beans and mac and cheese, and service was great. Nicer place than most BBQ joints, although tables are quite close and lacking privacy. I'd make the one mile detour off I-70 again in a heartbeat.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Myersville, Maryland
“It's been hit or miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been to Black Hog several times, including the Urbana location. I've had some pretty good BBQ and some pretty average BBQ. I personally like the Arkansas BBQ and the wet ribs. The sides are just average. When they are good, I like them better than Chubbs, Hempen Hog, or Blues Truck.

Visited November 2012
Washington, DC
“Awesome BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best barbecue in the area by far! Order a brisket sandwich and fries and you will know what I mean. The service is always great, fast and friendly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Keedysville, Maryland, United States
“Very Good BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Black Hog BBQ is a very good restaurant. A bit small, crowded, but worth the wait. The food is served hot and quickly. The service was very good. Would recommend going to the Black Hog.

Visited May 2012
Washington DC
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We go to Frederick several times a year, and this has become our go-to place for great barbeque. It's all good -- my pulled pork, my husband's ribs, my son's chicken, plus the cornbread, cole slaw, greens, mac and cheese. Very friendly server, too.

• Visited December 2012