“Plain atmosphere great food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
washingtondc
“Plain atmosphere great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

You know place is good when it smells good from the parking lot! I have eaten there twice in the last month. Once with co workers for lunch and once with fmailyand friends for dinner. Thisis downtown Frederick, MD with its own parking lot! That is a plus right there. The Arkansas Beef is delish, the southern greens are fantastic! The Texas pinto beans and rice are very good.lemonade billed as homemade was too sweet. The ribs are very good altho some too fatty. The fries are good. They do not serve on plates. Plastic tray with brown towleling. Sides in small plastic cups. Good prices. Friendly service. They do have picnice tables out front for warmer weather.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Hagerstown, MD
“Yummy barbeque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend and I went there for an early dinner after running an errand in Frederick. We were glad we went early, 4:00 as she had heard it's crazy busy for dinner. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. The service was great too!

Visited August 2012
Virginia
“Variety is the Spice of Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went here this past Saturday after a local auction, hungry for lunch. It was our 1st time but won't be our last. For a barbeque place, they've got a few options on their menu. I had the Memphis-style dry rub ribs (1/2 rack) plate, very meaty with just a little too much heat for me. With the plate, you get 1 side (mac n' cheese for me) and a piece of corn bread. My husband got a platter with 2 meats (pulled pork & beef brisket which he said was excellent). His 2 sides (with the platter) were baked beans & cole slaw. We both agreed that the cole slaw was the best we've ever had. It was refreshing & helped toned down the spice on my ribs. Don't get me wrong, the mac n' cheese was good too but the cole slaw was the best. It got really busy after we got there around 1PM, people willing to wait for tables. A big plus as they are downtown, they have their own parking lot, behind the restaurant. We had to circle the block once, as we didn't realize that. With 2 drinks, the plate, & the platter, our bill was around $35 before the tip. You get plenty of food for the money. Good value.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
pa
“Great BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We chose this restaurant due to other good reviews on TA. All were right on...
The food was great and the BBQ sauces make it taste finger lick'n good. Prices are reasonable for amount of food you get, very generous portions. The only thing I would suggest is warm up the cornbread and mac and cheese. The food wasn't as warm as I would like but that is minor. The service was great, Tiffany was outstanding and there wasn't any wait for our food; we got it very fast. IMPRESSIVE! We will go there again for sure!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bloomington
“Nice variety of BBQ.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've traveled many places.... This is one of the best BBQ places outside of Chicago. Jeff was nice enough to let me taste test before making a purchase. Way to go MD on the best hidden BBQ secret.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere