“Best Pumpkin Patch Around!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 16 Activities in Frederick
Type: Farms, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Homegrown fun and farm fresh adventures at Summers Farm in Frederick, Maryland. Fall farm attractions include cornfield maze, hay rides, pig races, jumping pillow. Farm animals, pick your own pumpkins, hay slides...and more! Enjoy nights at the farm with our flashlight corn maze or reserve a campfire site. Shop at the Country Market! Munch at the Sweet Shoppe and the Barnyard Grill! Fun for kids from 2 to 92. September 20th - November 4th . Please visit our website or call for more information about hours and ticket prices.
Elizabethtown, PA
“Best Pumpkin Patch Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I came to the farm with my family recently to pick pumpkins. Their patch was FULL of pumpkins - all different varieties. It was tough to chose just one! They had this great little pumpkin hut/house in the pumpkin patch that the kids LOVED. I was all prepared to spend a lot on pumpkins, but it was very reasonably priced! The hayrides to the pumpkin patch were free too, which was really nice.
After we got back from picking pumpkins, we purchased the Adventure Admission for everyone. I didn't realize all the other wonderful activities they had to offer; we ended up spending the whole day on the jumping pillow, getting lost in the corn maze, petting the baby goats, and enjoying the slides- there was so much to do! I thought it was very reasonably prices since you pay upfront and that's it! Summers Farm will be part of my family's fall tradition for many years to come. There is nothing in this area that comes close to how great of experience we had here!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
93 attraction reviews
“A Day of Fun for the Family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We decided to check out this farm due to its large corn maze (14 acres). They have a long version and a short version. We decided to take the long road. Also while going through the maize, you can play the game of Clue and try to figure out which animal kidnapped Farmer Joe using what tool and where the kidnapping happened. That was so much fun, but boy is it tough! You get so lost wondering around and around looking for clues. Everyone in our party of seven loved it!!!!

We also did the hayride and pumpkin patch, slid down the slides, petted the animals, shot apples from the blaster (which is so worth the $5 they charge!), jumped on the jumpy pillow, played tether ball, did the mini mazes, watched the pig races, stomped on the corn kernels, and so much more. We enjoyed every minute!

I would highly recommend coming and spending the day here. There is a lot to do. Give yourself 4 or more hours. They are open from 10am to 10:30pm.

Frederick, Maryland
“Fun for kids, but NOT a good pumpkin patch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Went to summer farm on 10/20/13 to pick pumpkins and was not impressed at all. The pumpkins seemed to be thrown out in a weed field with very little selection.Hardly any were on the vine. I was really dissapointed what few pumpkins they had, they were not well cared for. Oh and 55 cents a pound? Id expect much better for that much. For as many people I saw going in and out I expected it to be a great patch, it was far from it. However if your looking for a fun place for your kids under 10 in Frederick, I'm sure they would enjoy the aactivities they have for them, all at an additional cost though. I'd highly recommend a drive out to wesminister MD and visit Baughers farm, I should've went back this year.

Keedysville, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Best value for your dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

After visiting a few fall farm adventures in MD, Summers farm is the best! They are reasonably priced and there is so much for the entire family to do! Very, very organized!

Visited October 2012
Clarksburg, MD
17 attraction reviews
“Great for Families, Lots to do! Campfires are Fantastic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We go to this farm every year and it is our favorite of the farm choices, This year they are offering their campfire packages during the day, as well as at night. We rented a campfire on a Sunday afternoon and invited the extended family for a fall day on the farm. It was wonderful. You get the campfire for 4 hours and they keep it going the whole time for you if you're away, and leave wood for you to throw on, if you're by the fire. Each site also has 2 benches by the fire and a picnic table and big trash can. I believe it was $55 total and you can bring your own food and drinks (no alcohol). The regular admission is additional, which is $10/person. We brought hot dogs, and smores makings and snacks and drinks. We also brought our extra foldable chairs. It was great having a homebase, that everyone could go back to in between activities. The younger kids LOVED the bouncing pillow. This year they added a second pillow, so the younger kids have their own and don't get knocked down easily. The corn maze is really good this year (the corn is really tall). There's also pig races, new mini golf, pumpkin cart ride (pulled by tractor), corn crib, apple cannon, duck water races, slides, bales of straw to climb on and various contests and goings on, including live music and many food choices. It was easy to spend several hours there. We had to drag our daughter home. As I said earlier, we love this place and having the campfire here really made it even more fun. I can see this becoming a family tradition each year.

Visited October 2012