“Super service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Wasilla, Alaska
“Super service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I love pho and try it when ever I get a chance. Their version is excellent! The broth is very flavorful, the vegetables were fresh and amount served was perfect for lunch. The staff were very friendly from the minute I walked in to the restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

91% Recommend
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Good vietnamese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I ate at the Viet's Aroma Vietnamese Restaurant mainly due to the fact it was within walking distance of my hotel and offered a different type of cuisine than I normally get beck home. The restaurant is located in a small section of a strip mall. Like other posts mention, the restaurant is nicely decorated inside. It' nothing special but adds to the overall dining experience and provides an atmosphere where you would dine-in rather than getting food to go like other similar restaurants.

The waiter came by immediately when I entered to give me a menu. The menu offered a large selection of choices for meat and seafood as well as a few vegetarian options. The menu and website stated that they served alcohol to include Vietnamese beer. However at the time of this post they did not have a renewed liquor license and couldn't serve alcohol until further notice. I decided to try the Saigon Rice Noodle dish which was a combination of chicken and shrimp. The food came out quickly and was a large enough portion where it wasn't too much, but you still came away full. The food was very good and was what gave this rating a 4.

The only issue was that the waiter never once came by while I was there to check on me, nor did he for anyone. Don't know if this is standard procedures for the place, but you would think for a sit-down restaurant that you would get some service. He was nice, but he could've done much better.

I f you are in Frederick, Viet's Aroma is a good option for dinner.

• Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious Vietnamese Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have gotten the tofu coconut curry here and it is amazing! I have not had the pho myself, but my BF always gets the pho ga and says that it is some of the best hes had. This place is hard to notice and looks like nothing special from the storefront, but it is actually really pretty inside. Definitely worth going to! My only problem is that they don't have a menu online or to take with you, so you have to go there and order take out off of a regular menu (or just memorize what you want and then call it in like me). Plus side is, they have some neat vietnamese beers to drink while you wait.

• Visited September 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Fantastic Pho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've eaten here twice now and I can't wait to go back. As the title of this review indicates, the pho is delicious - I've had both the chicken and the meatball.The small portion is so ample that I took half home in a to-go container. (By the way, it makes great leftovers!) The large portion is big enough for me to bathe in.The pho is served with lime, basil and jalapenos on a separate plate. The cilantro in the pho is surprising and delightful. The whole combination of flavors is quite entertaining.

I also recommend the spring rolls - hot and crispy and served with a tangy vinegar sauce.

Lunch time on weekends can mean a wait at the door as the seating space is small and the tables are situated quite close together so, go around 11AM or wait until after 2PM if you want to have lunch there. Also, in the winter, try to get a seat closer to the front of the dining area otherwise you'll freeze with the door opening and closing to diners.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Excellent Food. Terrific Dining Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My daughter and I drove approximately 700 miles meet another daughter who took the MARC from Union Station to Frederick and to spend the evening in Frederick MD. The long drive was almost worth it just for the experience of dining at Viet Aroma. We ate there the evening before Thanksgiving. One of the specials was a squash dish, with a unique sauce that set the mood for Thanksgiving dinner (in Brooklyn NY) the next day. The Chilean Seabass, also on special, was one of the most outstanding seafood dishes I have eaten at any restaurant. Perfectly cooked with another outstanding sauce. All items ordered were sufficient in size to feed me and my two daughters. The server was extremely helpful in making dining recommendations.

• Visited November 2012