“one of the best restaurants in Frederick hands down” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 320 restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Frederick, Maryland
“one of the best restaurants in Frederick hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

the spring rolls are amazing, as well as the dumplings. Pho is the best around. The pork vermicelli bowl is sooo tasty. My wife is hooked on the iced coffee. food is very fresh and healthy

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
“Good Viet Namese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012 via mobile

Never had anything bad here. Friendly staff, fast service, very accommodating. Love the Pho.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Fantastic Pho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I am a big fan of this Vietnamese restaurant. The flavors are authentic, fresh and offer a good variety of Vietnamese food. Tastes very healthy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, MD
“An Everyday Joy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

We've eaten here over 100 times since it's been open. I highly recommend the vermicelli with lemongrass beef. Viet's Aroma chicken or seafood are amazing. The service is excellent, the atmosphere comfortable, not posh, and the prices are fairly low for what you get. I've been to over 50 Vietnamese restaurants in various areas; none are better than this simple one in little old Frederick.

New Market, Md
“Now the best Vietnamese restaurant in Frederick. Great food, warm atmosphere, bargain prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

I've now gone to Viet's Aroma twice. Viet's Aroma is located in a nondescript strip mall, next to Weis Market, about 1.2 miles away from downtown, but it is worth the trip. The atmosphere is simple and homey, with paintings of the Vietnamese countryside on the wall. It's not romantic or the place for a fancy night out, but if you want good Vietnamese food that's affordable for the whole family, this is it!!!
This latest time, I had a HUGE bowl of Seafood Pho (the national soup) for $8.25. I don't know what happened for the last reviewer, but it's my second Pho here, and both times they were excellent -- aromatic, subtle, with a good amount of shrimp, scallop, imitation crabstick and squid and lots of vermicelli, served traditionally with Thai Basil and beansprouts. My wife ordered a wonderful chicken dish (I wish we could remember the name) for $8.95 that was lightly caramelized, with baby corn, cilantro, snow peas and other steamed vegetables, that was both healthy and tasty, and the portion size was just right, neither small nor gargantuan.
The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and the food came out quickly -- granted, we were there at 4:15 on a Saturday so it wasn't crowded.
I used to be a big fan of Lucky Corner, but I haven't been as impressed lately, and the food takes a very long time to come, and it's more expensive. I have to say this is now the best Vietnamese restaurant in Frederick, and a restaurant that I think stands up to the Vietnamese restaurants in Arlington, Va. In fact, I'd say that this is now one of the best bargain restaurants in Frederick. I definitely will be returning here more often, especially for the Pho.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere