“Great meal” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 313 restaurants in Frederick
Cross street: Church St & Market St
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went to Acacia during restaurant week and we were not disappointed. The meal was fantastic, you couldn't beat the price and the server was attentive. I had the butternut squash soup, the Kung Pao chicken and the chocolate pyramid cake. All were very good. My husband got the chocolate salted caramel cake and that definitely beat my dessert. We would definitely go back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“They have no interest in large parties”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We tried to book a dinner party for 17 people, but the manager at Acacia wasn't interested in working with us. He declined to offer us a seat, never offered a business card, and failed to even make eye contact. He tried to discourage us by saying he could only seat us at 5 pm or 9 pm, at a table that seats 14. They have an outdoor patio that we thought would be perfect for our party; this guy never mentioned it as an option, nor did he walk us through the restaurant to discuss which other areas might work for our group. Not. Interested. At. All.
As he showed us the door, he suggested we give him a call if things change. What? You mean if death or divorce reduce the size of our family? I like the food at Acacia, but will NEVER return.
Their business card claims they're a "premier location for business and social occasions." I don't think their manager got that memo.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clarksburg, MD
“Delicious Lunch Menu - Best Lunch Value in Frederick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I reviewed Acacia before for a dinner service, and loved it. My husband and me recently tried lunch at Acacia (I've been back twice since then). The lunch menu is a HUGE value. The plates are $10 for a nicely portioned meal. We split the Kung Pao Tofu and the Harvest Plate and both were delicious. I don't understand why this restaurant isn't in the top 5 in Frederick. I've always had a wonderful experience - good food, knowledgeable servers and a very accommodating chef (I need gluten free/vegan). This has become our new goto spot for lunch. The entire bill with tip was under $25 for the two of us. We just had lunch at one of Frederick's top 3 today and the bill with tip was $58 and the food wasn't nearly as good. If you haven't tried Acacia yet, give it a go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

What a gem!!
Food was EXCELLENT!! Service great !!!!
It has, overnight, become a local favorite of ours. The jagerschnitzel was superb and the filet pure joy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Beach, California
“Great food, service, location, ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We arrived early due to the threat of snow and sat in the beautiful back room that overlooks a sweet courtyard. Alix was our server and she was really wonderful. She'd help us to choose the food we'd really like and then when we loved it, she told us how to cook it ourselves!

I started with fresh oysters from Jamestown, VA, which were some of the best Virginia oysters I've ever had... nice and cold and served on ice like they should be. Then we had some roasted brussels sprouts which were truly heavenly. (And then Alix told us how to make them ourselves at home !!) Then my partner had the vegetarian combo dish which was a selection of vegetarian offeriengs like brussels sprouts, butternut squash, beets and spaghetti squash. It was wonderful - so much so that the table next to us got two orders of it !! I had the fish of the day that was something like swordfish. It was very good. Tasty. I'd order it again.

We loved our wine choices. i had the Pogano white which was full bodied but not gummy or too light. My partner had a red that was so smooth and gentle but deep and flavorful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere