“Beautiful setting, excellent staff, a must try!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Acacia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 330 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St & Market St
Baltimore, Maryland
“Beautiful setting, excellent staff, a must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My experience at Acacia was outstanding. First of all, the original restaurant we visited that evening (along with a few others nearby) would not seat my party of 5 without reservations. Most of these places were completely empty and could have seated us somewhere I feel.

Walking into Acacia they were more than glad to seat us although I know they were in the same situation. We were seated at the table in the back facing the window displaying the courtyard and lit tree. It was a beautiful view. Our server was I believe Amy (and I hope I got her name back as I would like to come back for Valentine’s Day next month). She was so professional, yet made our party of 5 feel as if we were family. She was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and also suggested a fantastic bottle of wine (it was a Dave Matthews wine ask for it!). We ended up buying two bottles that evening. The food was delicious from start to finish. The calamari and clams were cooked perfectly and they didnt last long. We also had the mahi mahi, ribs, and lamb dishes. All plates were cleared due to the fantastic flavors.

Someone like Amy deserves a pat on the back for her hard work. I have managed my own Italian Restaurant and believe me, because of her, I will be coming back again. Keep up the great work and delightful food!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Havre de Grace, Maryland
“Great food, nice atmosphere, would eat their again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Let me start by saying Frederick has a lot of good restaurants to choose from! I've eaten in this restaurant a few times and have always been happy with my meal. This restaurant is owned by a group that owns other really good restaurants in town, they seem to have a formula for success. I had lunch at Acacia in December and the food was wonderful, I had the brussels sprouts salad with a side of pest spaghetti squash. I admit I love b. sprouts and these were soooo good and so was the spaghetti squash with pesto. I would absolutely have lunch their again!

• Visited December 2012
Hamilton, Virginia
“Great food, good portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We visited this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews, and it did not disappoint. I started with the Roasted Beet Salad, which was a generous portion. The Italian Wedding Soup was delicious as well - with just the right amount of spice. For my entree, I had the smaller portion of Rockfish, which was perfectly cooked. We had mixed drinks instead of wine & my Martini was just the way I like it - cloudy & lots of olives :)
I would go back & I would recommend.

• Visited December 2012
Walkersville, Maryland
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Usually stop for lunch and we are never disappointed. Everything is hot and fresh, service is always great.

Visited August 2012
Clarksburg, MD
“Pleasantly Surprised - Wonderful Food and Evening Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had never been to Acacia before and am glad we tried it. The restaurant is a lot larger than it looks from the street. It goes way back and they have a very pleasant outside seating area in the back. It was a really beautiful evening, so we sat outside and really enjoyed it. They just kicked off their new Fall Menu so we got to sample from that. Their new drink for the fall is an amazing Apple Sangria with strong hints of cinnamon. I generally only like red sangria but this was really refreshing. Our waitress, Alex, was wonderful and very knowledgeable about the selections. My husband tried the butternut squash soup and said it was delicious. I had the mussels, which were also great. The broth they are in is very flavorful. I will also note that their new menu clearly shows gluten free and vegetarian choices. I'm gluten sensitive, so I was so glad to see this on the menu. They will also make accommodations on items for you (I.e. leave the crostini off from my mussels). The other appetizer we tried was the crispy brussel sprout salad. Wow - what a surprise! So crispy and delicious. It's enough for 2 to share.

For dinner my husband had the Filet and asked for cauliflower instead of potatoes (again - no problem on the substitution). I had the Rack of Lamb, which was recommended and loved it. It came with spinach and I had them substitute fingerling potatoes. We were both too full for dessert, but will definitely go back for dinner again. The meal is not inexpensive, but I felt it was high quality. For the soup, salad and appetizer, 2 drinks each and 2 entrees was around 150 including tip. There is a nice price range on the menu, so you don't have to spend that much, but we wanted to try several things.

• Visited September 2012