“Great food, good portions” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St & Market St
Description: A Modern Latin Bistro That Brings Casual Fine Dining With A Urban Vibe To Historic Downtown Frederick. Featuring South And Central American Ingredients And Flavors Created On Small Plates Designed For Sharing.
Hamilton, Virginia
“Great food, good portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We visited this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews, and it did not disappoint. I started with the Roasted Beet Salad, which was a generous portion. The Italian Wedding Soup was delicious as well - with just the right amount of spice. For my entree, I had the smaller portion of Rockfish, which was perfectly cooked. We had mixed drinks instead of wine & my Martini was just the way I like it - cloudy & lots of olives :)
I would go back & I would recommend.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Walkersville, Maryland
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Usually stop for lunch and we are never disappointed. Everything is hot and fresh, service is always great.

Visited August 2012
Clarksburg, MD
“Pleasantly Surprised - Wonderful Food and Evening Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had never been to Acacia before and am glad we tried it. The restaurant is a lot larger than it looks from the street. It goes way back and they have a very pleasant outside seating area in the back. It was a really beautiful evening, so we sat outside and really enjoyed it. They just kicked off their new Fall Menu so we got to sample from that. Their new drink for the fall is an amazing Apple Sangria with strong hints of cinnamon. I generally only like red sangria but this was really refreshing. Our waitress, Alex, was wonderful and very knowledgeable about the selections. My husband tried the butternut squash soup and said it was delicious. I had the mussels, which were also great. The broth they are in is very flavorful. I will also note that their new menu clearly shows gluten free and vegetarian choices. I'm gluten sensitive, so I was so glad to see this on the menu. They will also make accommodations on items for you (I.e. leave the crostini off from my mussels). The other appetizer we tried was the crispy brussel sprout salad. Wow - what a surprise! So crispy and delicious. It's enough for 2 to share.

For dinner my husband had the Filet and asked for cauliflower instead of potatoes (again - no problem on the substitution). I had the Rack of Lamb, which was recommended and loved it. It came with spinach and I had them substitute fingerling potatoes. We were both too full for dessert, but will definitely go back for dinner again. The meal is not inexpensive, but I felt it was high quality. For the soup, salad and appetizer, 2 drinks each and 2 entrees was around 150 including tip. There is a nice price range on the menu, so you don't have to spend that much, but we wanted to try several things.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Been there twice now, and will go back again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Sitting outside was great on Sept. 14. The BLT soup was delicious. She had the alfredo pasta, I had the rainbow trout, and both were excellent. But it was the heirloom tomatoes as an appetizer that knocked it out of the park. What's not to like? An earlier visit included tasteless stuffed grape leaves. But props for always offering something creative. It's a gem.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Our go-to place in Frederick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Have tried a number of different date-night restaurants in Frederick, and we usually wish we'd gone back to Acacia. Great locally sourced food, consistently excellent. Wish there was a bit more variety on the menu in terms of daily and seasonal specials, but what's there really make us happy!

Visited March 2012