“New favorite in Frederick MD” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Acacia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 330 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St & Market St
Maryland
“New favorite in Frederick MD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

After a long hiatus, we went back to Acacia several times and found it much improved in food, service, and value. Much less expensive than Volt, quieter and more comfortable than Tasting Room, and an outstanding value for lunch and Sunday evening dinner. The patio is delightful in good weather. Good choice of wines by the glass, although reds are served in glasses meant for whites. Friendly and competent wait staff. Wonderful fresh veggies prepared creatively. First time I ever really enjoyed kale or collard greens. Loved the fried green tomatoes. A nice way with fish and seafood--original preparations, but not too fussy. Excellent pasta bolognese.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pennsylvania, USA
“Lovely Setting with Interesting Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Had a great evening in a lovely setting in the back room where we could actually have a conversation over the soft music. Try the shrimp appetizer if you go.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful -- Lunch!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

This was my second visit to Acacia and I brought my family. Lunch is wonderful there!! Reasonable prices with excellent food! The fried calamari may be the best I have tasted. The chef makes it from fresh calamari and it was delivered HOT to our table. Not crazy about the accompanying aioli mixture. Our table had salmon (great), schnitzel (great), general tzao's chicken (good), My niece is a vegetarian. Perhaps the chef can have a vegetarian dish on the menu. The chef, however, was pleased to adjust one of his dishes to accomodate her vegetarian diet. The mixed salad with pears was very good. The caesar salad was mediocre. Desserts? OMG. The bittersweet chocolate icecream and the rum raisin icecream was amazing. The Acacia cream pie (nothing like a cream pie) was amazing. We finished lunch with Acacia's outrageously good hot chocolate mixed drinks...snow bunnies, I believe they are called. Service was very good. Server was knowledgable about the dishes. We didn't feel rushed and we were able to enjoy our time together. Lunch was affordable and good. Dinner looked expensive. We had such a good lunch there that we will come back again, but we will definitely do lunch to keep it affordable and fun. The restaurant embraces local products including bread and icecreams.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A Definite Must Try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I had dinner at Acacia on a very cold Saturday evening. I went early enough so I did not make reservations. We were seated in the middle dining room. There is a bar and a few window tables in the front room,the middle dining room with about 6 or 8 small tables then a larger room in the back. It was nice and private and the noise level allowed for easy conversation without raising your voice. Our waitress was very pleasant and knowledgable about the cuisine. I chose an appetizer sized parpadelle with country shaved ham,scallions,eggs and fresh grated cheese as my meal with a salad of mixed greens,Zinfadel poached pears,walnuts and crumbled blue cheese. Everything was perfect. I could not finish the appetizer sized pasta so portions are very generous. We also got a basket of local baked whole grain bread and a crock of a butter/cheese mixture.My friend had a steak and short ribs platter with mashed potatoes,carrots and pearl onions. She took all of the short ribs home for another meal. Dessert was a platter with three separate bread puddings and two scoops of in house made pumpkin-cranberrry ice cream. Delicious. They make about 4 other flavors of ice cream including chocolate covered pretzel and butter pecan. I planned to eat lighter for my entree so I could try the desserts and I was not disappointed. I had a white cake with a dark chocolate topping. This is not a good description but I did not find it very tasty so I concentrated on the bread pudding.
This restaurant was recommended to me by my daughter who had attended a wedding rehersal dinner there in early fall. I really loved it and will be returning with more friends to enjoy another meal very soon.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“Great bargain at lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I ordered the daily special, which was a burger made from Hedgeapple Farm beef. It was very nearly as good as what I could get at a Volt lunch and was only 8 bucks. I've never been there for dinner, but I thought my lunch was a terrific deal. PLUS, it was open on Monday, a rarity in downtown Frederick. Nice atmosphere. It was a slow day and the waiter was a bit too attentive, actually, as I was trying to catch up with an old friend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere