“Table 21 is a must!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Volt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 316 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Street
Description: VOLT offers guests a menu of modern American cuisine. The focus of our cuisine is based on classic flavor combinations, creating sophisticated dishes that emphasize purity and seasonal flavors that are based on fundamental and innovative cooking techniques. VOLT's relationship with local artisan farmers ensures availability of products to fulfill the philosophy behind the menu, in a refined, historic venue where classic meets modern. By design, the restaurant follows along the original footprint of the mansions first floor parlors. Both the 38 seat main dining room and the bar/lounge open off the foyer. The original mosaic tile in the foyer was the inspiration behind the warm monochromatic color palette that adorns the finishes in VOLT. Private dining can be hosted in the conservatory offering views of the expansive courtyard. The 700 square foot kitchen afforded space to include up to 20 guests.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Table 21 is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went to table 21 for my 30th birthday and we couldn't have been more pleased. The wait staff was wonderful and the food was out of this world! If you can't handle 21 different types of food, this is not the meal for you- I'd suggest dining in the restaurant instead.

Visited April 2014

Walkersville, Maryland
“Not for someone that likes to eat alot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The atmosphere is very nice and the staff is great. But I was very disappointed in the amount of food and the price was very high

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I had read a lot of the reviews, and selected Volt for a special evening to celebrate a special occasion. We were both very disappointed, and I'm sure we won't be back. Yes, the food was beautifully prepared and presented, and I'm sure only the freshest ingredients were used - and it was obvious, that every dish was created by a very skilled and talented chef. However, except for the bread (which I ordered 2 servings of) all the other dishes were really "far out", and as another reviewer said, "bland". For example, the pea soup was a cold soup, with frozen coconut. Well made, but why cold? My wife ordered one of the seafood dishes - I think, Rockfish, and it was about 1" square, if that. I had the (raw) Tuna, which I enjoyed, and my wife had a mushroom dish - both of which were good. We had 2 different desserts, both of which were pretty, but flavor-wise, nothing to write home about. It's as if they went out of their way to be "different", which is fine, but the final product(s) didn't live up to our (my wife agreed) expectations. It's a shame. Finally, the staff was very friendly and efficient.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“So personal & fabulous! Great dinner - great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Celebrating our 20th @ Volt. Very knowledgable experienced staff. Wonderful unique, fresh cocktails & so yummy & creative meal. Desserts were exceptional. Only thing i would do different ( if anyone is listening) is put fresh flowers/herbs on tables with candles to make it really romantic.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“A one time only experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I had truly delicious lunch at Volt last summer. It was perfect--but--the bill was $135! I'm happy I was able to be there but there are other Frederick restaurants that are almost as good and far less expensive.

Visited July 2013