“So personal & fabulous! Great dinner - great experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Volt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 325 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Street
Description: VOLT offers guests a menu of modern American cuisine. The focus of our cuisine is based on classic flavor combinations, creating sophisticated dishes that emphasize purity and seasonal flavors that are based on fundamental and innovative cooking techniques. VOLT's relationship with local artisan farmers ensures availability of products to fulfill the philosophy behind the menu, in a refined, historic venue where classic meets modern. By design, the restaurant follows along the original footprint of the mansions first floor parlors. Both the 38 seat main dining room and the bar/lounge open off the foyer. The original mosaic tile in the foyer was the inspiration behind the warm monochromatic color palette that adorns the finishes in VOLT. Private dining can be hosted in the conservatory offering views of the expansive courtyard. The 700 square foot kitchen afforded space to include up to 20 guests.
Frederick, Maryland
“So personal & fabulous! Great dinner - great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Celebrating our 20th @ Volt. Very knowledgable experienced staff. Wonderful unique, fresh cocktails & so yummy & creative meal. Desserts were exceptional. Only thing i would do different ( if anyone is listening) is put fresh flowers/herbs on tables with candles to make it really romantic.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Frederick, Maryland
“A one time only experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I had truly delicious lunch at Volt last summer. It was perfect--but--the bill was $135! I'm happy I was able to be there but there are other Frederick restaurants that are almost as good and far less expensive.

Visited July 2013
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were there for dinner 10 months ago and had an awesome experience. I see some negative reviews so I'm wondering if since we were there if they are spreading themselves too thin. I know they have 3 places in Frederick and at least 1 din DC. All I can say is that when we ate there the food was outstanding. The only thing that kinda bugged me was the staff waiting for us to take our first bite to run oner and ask "how is everything". That bothers me some and the constant checking on us. There be attentive and then there is intruding. I know thats how they are trained so I can't blame them. I'm looking forward to going back and I hope we find it as awesome as the fist time we were there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Finally made it to Volt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I attended a work in-service at Volt last night and had a good evening. The combination of ingredients is unique and not standard fare. We were served a three-course meal, in addition to the delicious homemade rolls & bread sticks, and fabulous chocolates after dinner.

While my meal was delicious, and I really enjoyed the presentation and combination of flavors, I will likely not return to Volt any time soon. The portions are small, and the prices high, which isn't a good balance in my opinion.

With that said, it's great that Frederick, MD has so much to offer. The out of town speaker was so impressed with Volt, as well as the town of Frederick!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Wine list extensive but too expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been wanting to go to Volts for a long time. We finally went on April 2014 to celebrate my birthday. My husband and I had the tasting menu. The food was inventive and exquisite. Service was incredible. My only complaint is that their wine list contains wines that are too expensive. There are a numerous of domestic and international wines that are excellent without having to pay exorbitant prices, and I fail to understand why they were not included. I am not saying that they should get rid of the very expensive wines, just add more affordable ones to the list. We are already paying a very high price for the food, why not give the clients a better choice of less expensive wines.

• Visited April 2014