“Great Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 314 restaurants in Frederick
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Street
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great, friendly, service and great food. After selecting the Tasting Menu I can definitely say I couldn't eat more. Each dish was an experiment and an experience. Can I say I absolutely loved everything.....no.......but overall the quality was excellent and the food good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Washington, DC
“top notch service, very nice food for not a very high price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went in with a family for brunch on a Saturday. Overall a positive experience, with a couple of minor irritants.
Bad news first:
For one, I am all for a showbiz element of the eating out experience, but in our case this went a little too far. Just because one member of the party ordered a different number of courses, the rest of us had to endure a totally unnecessary and 100% useless, ceremonial changes of empty dishes.
Secondly, yes, this appears to be one of the most expensive restaurants in Frederick. While the value for money would be good by Washington close-in suburbs' standards, I would say that for its location the price-value ratio is not that great; although still quite solid.

The good news:
The service and genuine friendliness is beyond reproach.
While some items on the menu don't quite hold up (e.g. Fluke "sushi") - others (e.g. Lamb dish) are totally melting in your mouth.
Most cocktails were creative and combined quite refreshing mixes of ingredients. "Sazerac" was quite nice, for instance.
At least a couple of the deserts we had were above average (e.g. Chocolate).

Overall - highly recommended, if you don't have hyped expectations, and don't expect a cheap meal. Also - I would say that 3-course meal was quite satisfying, so consider that when thinking about their 5-course option.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bel Air, Maryland
“A VOTE FOR VOLT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We found the "chefs table" to be inviting and comfortable. The wait staff were personable and informative. We found the food to be exciting and flavorful. Each tasting brought new experiences. Bryan V has gem here in old town Fredrick. Too bad it is an hour and half away for us. We will return!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland, Usa
“Wonderful food in Frederick, Md.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Service, ambiance, and fabulous food in Frederick, Maryland. Chef Voltaggion show why he was a fan favorite in season six of Top Chef. Locally sourced food, molecular construction, incredible flavors and presentation served by extraordinary staff. Incredible wine list with an attentive and knowledgable Sommelier. Not inexpensive but worth every cent! Brunch is a bargain.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saddle River, New Jersey
“"where's the food?"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

look... I’m not young or hip, and as you can see, I’m in the minority on volt. I thought it was pretentious, from the menu to the service.

We went for brunch on a saturday afternoon after a 50 minute drive from northern Virginia. I had difficulty trying to figure out the menu, why use all those convoluted phrases? I forgot to get a menu so I can repeat the selections here and when I tried on line tonight, the menu page was not available. The food was good… but only god knows what I ate for an appetizer, a mishmash of different ingredients but in tiny portions. I asked the waiter about the omelet or sliced lamb for the main course. He said go with the lamb if I was hungry . I did. Maybe four mouthfuls, just maybe that much. I also had the cheese plate for dessert, two wafer thin tiny wedges, no bigger than a slice of kraft yellow cheese. Anyway, thanks for the wonderful brioche and cheddar biscuits, which luckily were brought around on at least three occasions. On the way out, they gave each of us a small nicely wrapped coffee cake. Yummy, I ate it on the way home.

At $250 (including tax and tip) for four adults with one drink and two glasses of wine, certainly not a bargain. So my advice is to come to jersey and eat well with large portions. My daughter and son-in-law love this place but sorry volt, you are not my cup of tea.

• Visited March 2013