“Great Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Volt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 316 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Street
Description: VOLT offers guests a menu of modern American cuisine. The focus of our cuisine is based on classic flavor combinations, creating sophisticated dishes that emphasize purity and seasonal flavors that are based on fundamental and innovative cooking techniques. VOLT's relationship with local artisan farmers ensures availability of products to fulfill the philosophy behind the menu, in a refined, historic venue where classic meets modern. By design, the restaurant follows along the original footprint of the mansions first floor parlors. Both the 38 seat main dining room and the bar/lounge open off the foyer. The original mosaic tile in the foyer was the inspiration behind the warm monochromatic color palette that adorns the finishes in VOLT. Private dining can be hosted in the conservatory offering views of the expansive courtyard. The 700 square foot kitchen afforded space to include up to 20 guests.
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great, friendly, service and great food. After selecting the Tasting Menu I can definitely say I couldn't eat more. Each dish was an experiment and an experience. Can I say I absolutely loved everything.....no.......but overall the quality was excellent and the food good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington, DC
“top notch service, very nice food for not a very high price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went in with a family for brunch on a Saturday. Overall a positive experience, with a couple of minor irritants.
Bad news first:
For one, I am all for a showbiz element of the eating out experience, but in our case this went a little too far. Just because one member of the party ordered a different number of courses, the rest of us had to endure a totally unnecessary and 100% useless, ceremonial changes of empty dishes.
Secondly, yes, this appears to be one of the most expensive restaurants in Frederick. While the value for money would be good by Washington close-in suburbs' standards, I would say that for its location the price-value ratio is not that great; although still quite solid.

The good news:
The service and genuine friendliness is beyond reproach.
While some items on the menu don't quite hold up (e.g. Fluke "sushi") - others (e.g. Lamb dish) are totally melting in your mouth.
Most cocktails were creative and combined quite refreshing mixes of ingredients. "Sazerac" was quite nice, for instance.
At least a couple of the deserts we had were above average (e.g. Chocolate).

Overall - highly recommended, if you don't have hyped expectations, and don't expect a cheap meal. Also - I would say that 3-course meal was quite satisfying, so consider that when thinking about their 5-course option.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bel Air, Maryland
“A VOTE FOR VOLT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We found the "chefs table" to be inviting and comfortable. The wait staff were personable and informative. We found the food to be exciting and flavorful. Each tasting brought new experiences. Bryan V has gem here in old town Fredrick. Too bad it is an hour and half away for us. We will return!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland, Usa
“Wonderful food in Frederick, Md.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Service, ambiance, and fabulous food in Frederick, Maryland. Chef Voltaggion show why he was a fan favorite in season six of Top Chef. Locally sourced food, molecular construction, incredible flavors and presentation served by extraordinary staff. Incredible wine list with an attentive and knowledgable Sommelier. Not inexpensive but worth every cent! Brunch is a bargain.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marco Island, Florida
“"where's the food?"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

look... I’m not young or hip, and as you can see, I’m in the minority on volt. I thought it was pretentious, from the menu to the service.

We went for brunch on a saturday afternoon after a 50 minute drive from northern Virginia. I had difficulty trying to figure out the menu, why use all those convoluted phrases? I forgot to get a menu so I can repeat the selections here and when I tried on line tonight, the menu page was not available. The food was good… but only god knows what I ate for an appetizer, a mishmash of different ingredients but in tiny portions. I asked the waiter about the omelet or sliced lamb for the main course. He said go with the lamb if I was hungry . I did. Maybe four mouthfuls, just maybe that much. I also had the cheese plate for dessert, two wafer thin tiny wedges, no bigger than a slice of kraft yellow cheese. Anyway, thanks for the wonderful brioche and cheddar biscuits, which luckily were brought around on at least three occasions. On the way out, they gave each of us a small nicely wrapped coffee cake. Yummy, I ate it on the way home.

At $250 (including tax and tip) for four adults with one drink and two glasses of wine, certainly not a bargain. So my advice is to come to jersey and eat well with large portions. My daughter and son-in-law love this place but sorry volt, you are not my cup of tea.

• Visited March 2013