“Not one of the Better Cracker Barrell's” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Germantown, Maryland
“Not one of the Better Cracker Barrell's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My Girlfriend & I went to the Cracker Barrel in Frederick, this past weekend. The review's we read stated, that this Cracker Barrel was excellent in the quality of food and service. What we experienced was the opposite. The food had to be sent back to the kitchen, as the items that were supposed to be hot were not, and the eggs were undercooked. The service was very slow, although the restaurant was quite busy. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone. We found it be below average in service!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Leonardtown, Md.
“typical Cracker Barrel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stopped in for dinner and as always,, we had a good dinner at Cracker barrel. The loation was convienent and easy to get to. Service was good and food was good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Great food great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

s always Cracker Barrel comes through again. The staff are courteous and quick. The store is well stocked and the food is delicious. Our family eats anything from an all vegetable plate to chicken and dumplings to steaks to fried catfish when we come here and we have yet to get a bad meal. We always love to peruse the gift shop and usually end up taking home at least some kind of old fashioned candy. Great family friendly atmosphere for a small or large group.

Visited June 2012
Oakville
“Love the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I always look forward to Cracker Barrel as we don't have one in Canada. They had the fire going that night. Oh so nice. They always have wonderful food but the problem is I can never leave enough room for dessert. I figured out now that you can have it to go. Yum. The servers are so nice I'd like to take them home. The neat gift shop is so hard to resist. There is always lots of parking and never a wait. Gee I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Visited February 2013
Maryland
“SOUTHERN CRAVINGS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Growing up in the heart of Dixie, you just cannot find true Southern food anywhere except in the South. But I will have to say that CB does a pretty good job. Now living in Maryland (undecided if I live in the North or South) when I am craving certain southern tastes, I know that I can go to CB and get most of my cravings satisfied. I do wish they had more vegetable choices. They do have a vegetable of the day that I usually get as it is something I can't get anywhere else in MD. I just wish they would have some of their specials as a part of their regular menu. I usually order the the same thing each visit..Chicken and Dumplings... you do have to be from the South to understand how authentic these are at CB. This was a favorite growing up and my mother's were delicious. Of course as most good cooks, she never measured anything but just knew how to throw in a bit or this and a dash of that. However since this contains a dough it is important to get the right amount of ingredients or you will have tough, gooey, mushy, etc dumplings so I did have her make them one time and I wrote down the approximate measurements. Mine are pretty good but to be honest they are also a pain to make. It is much easier to drive to Cracker Barrel. It has been 30+ years since I've tasted my mom's chicken and dumplings, and I am sure if I did a taste test I could tell the difference, but these are as close to hers as I remember. It is always nice to bring back a memory and enjoy such a great comfort food. I always get the turnip greens and fried okra (unless there is a vegetable special I would prefer). And am so glad they offer cornbread as turnip greens just aren't the same without (and also the peppers/vinegar). All of the CB's I been in are very consistent with their food (and don't forget their sweet tea - absolutely PERFECT). I keep the poor waitress hopping to keep my glass full. The gift store is nice to browse while waiting but interesting as they change nicely to fit the season. The prices are on the high side unless you find some of their shirts on sale. I I will admit that I have bought a few things for myself or for a gift. I do love their one brand of hand cream and keep a small in my purse. When traveling by myself, I always stop to use the restroom as I know it is clean and safe and I get a nice stretch break browsing in the gift store. I usually buy some of the old fashion candies. I don't usually eat while traveling and driving as I would be so sleep from all the food and having to stop every 30 minutes after drinking a gallon of sweet tea. My husband, of New Jersey, is not a fan but will indulge me and go if I'm having a craving.

• Visited February 2013