“Chicken burger” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 13 Dessert in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Greek, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Frederick, Maryland
“Chicken burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

As I entered the diner, I found it to be a bit old and I wasn't sure I'd made the right choice...In a word, my meal was yummy! I'd not had a ground chicken breast burger before and I was not disappointed. It was seasoned just right and arrived on a fresh, toasted bun, accompanied by fresh veggies and hot fries.

Visited May 2013

Portales
“Greek diner! Could be NJ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Ahh big menu Greek diners are my oases in the sea of corporate eateries. This place is as nice as any. A glass pie case to greet you on the way in and happy smiling staff that keep your cup full of joe. I had a nice fresh egg salad on lightly toasted rye with a little cup of slaw joy and pickle on the side. The egg salad was chunky and gently made with just enough mayo and mixing. It was not some pale yellow homogenized paste you fear to get, thank goodness. I followed this with chocolate cream pie. The crust was flakey good and the cream was a light chocolate topped by a mile of whipped cream. Pretty darn good. So far the diner scene in this town is top notch. As for the title it's all good, a high compliment as those fortunate enough to know will know.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Germantown
“NO BUFFET”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Previous diner said he had the buffet at Mountain View Diner , Frederick, MD. Obviously , he ate somewhere else, because Mountain View Diner in Frederick, MD & Charles Town, WV do not and never have had buffets.The food is great tasting and everything is made from scratch including desserts. They will take large party reservations depending on timing.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Food is fair to average. Best item on menu is the chili. Nice selection of pies. Decor is like an old 50s type diner. Juke boxes on each table are inoperable, but a nice touch.

Visited August 2012
Allentown, PA
“Now This is a Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We enjoy eating breakfasts at diners............and this was a good stop!

All four of our party was hungry for pancakes and Mountainview satisfied our cravings.

We all ordered short stacks and were so happy that we did, as the portions were large. Two of us indulged in the pecan pancakes which were loaded with pecan halves.........wonderful!!! Another member of our party had the blueberry pancakes and they again were filled with lots of fresh blueberries. My purist spouse ordered the buttermilk pancakes. He was very happy with his choice.

Our server was great! She arrived at our table just as we sat down to pour coffee and she never disappeared the entire time that we were here. She offered to refill our coffee cups at least three times...........how often do you encounter that?

I must mention the 50's vibe of this restaurant........a plus to add to the great breakfast & attentive server.

I can't imagine being disappointed here.........too many good things going on!

• Visited April 2013