“Good Comfort Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 12 Dessert in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Greek
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore, MD
“Good Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stopped at the Mountainview Diner in Frederick for dinner recently on my way home from an event I attended in the area. This was the first time I've visited this diner, and it was a good experience. (This from someone who grew up in New Jersey and has spent plenty of time in diners over the years!)
The chicken noodle soup that came with my dinner was very tasty, as was the blueberry cheesecake I had for dessert. My dinner... turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and apple sauce was good... not great, nothing fancy, not gourmet cooking by any means (if you're looking for gourmet cuisine, I'd suggest you skip most diners)... but it was solid "family restaurant" comfort food, and plenty of it, as is the case at many diners.
The interior decor was a bit shopworn, but not dirty, and the service was good. In fact, my waitress recommended the cheesecake, and I'm glad I took her advice. Overall, a good stop for a hungry traveler!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Avoid this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stopped because of advertisement on sign along Interstate 70. We were seated promptly and then we began to notice how dirty the Dining room was. I went to the men's room to wash my hands and when i returned we decided to leave, it was that bad.
Maybe it was because we stopped late in the afternoon and they had were busy earlier, but we did not feel comfortable eating here.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Good food at fair prices. great service and the owner personally asks most of rhe customers how everything is going.

“Avoid, avoid, avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Our server was terrible and I might have overlooked the bad food and dirty restaurant for better service...omlete was overcooked, mystery vegetable in my cottage cheese, biscuits and gravy that were inedible (literally, my husband will eat anything and would not eat it)

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“Service depends on which server you get but there is no accounting for the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I'm sitting in front of half eaten sausage gravy and biscuits. I don't know what the threshold for using an ingredient in the title of a dish but I'm pretty sure "sausage" would be listed in "less then 2%" section of the ingredient list. And, one of the biscuits tasted like it was over baked last week. I guess putting gravy on it is supposed to make it not dried out and old.

Now it's been 15 minutes of waiting for a check which has given me enough time to write this review using my phone. Good luck if you try this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere