“Delicious food is worth the wait” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Delicious food is worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had dinner there for the first time with two friends just the other night and my first impressions were: easy to get to, parking can be tight in the lot but there's free street parking to compensate, cozy atmosphere, light cultural music playing in the background, dim lighting, and a huge menu! The service was pretty slow but my friends and I didn't mind too much cause we had a lot of catching up to do. I ordered the vermicelli with shrimp and hot tea to drink. The hot tea was jasmine green tea and it was delicious. They served it in this cute white tea pot and they even poured me my first mug-full. The vermicelli was delicious. The shrimp were seasoned and grilled with their tails still on; they had a wonderful flavor. The pasta was cooked just right and the carrots and sprouts that came along side the dish added some refreshing crunch. The hidden star of the dish was the sweet/peppery sauce that I poured over the entree. It just brought all the flavors together. I'd get this dish again!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“A personal favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

A small, quiet, neighborhood Vietnamese restaurant that serves a high quality product. I will meet friends here so that we can chat for hours and catch up. My fav is the curried chicken. My son loves the Pho.

Visited August 2012
Maryland
“Wonderful Vietnamese restaurant on the edge of downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have lived in Frederick all my life but i have never had the pleasure of dining here. I have heard such good things about it although I have driven by it many times and have marveled at the number of cars parked in their small lot. My partner and I decided to eat there on a Saturday night, and we were amazed at the number of people there past 8 PM. We were first seated at an outdoor table, but we moved inside because the server told us that a city ordinance prohibited serving alcohol outdoors! We ordered our favorite deep fried spring rolls and for our main courses we ordered pho (mine with meatballs and his with beef) and then he decided on lemongrass pork. Service was prompt and our genial server made sure we were well-taken care of during our stay. This restaurant is such a bargain, and the staff is very cordial and helpful. We will become regulars at Lucky Corner!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“Lucky Find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

A great place for take out, a quick bite on the patio, or a meal with friends. A quaint building on the North end of Market Street in historic downtown Frederick. Attentive service, reasonable pricing, and super fresh ingredients. The Chicken with chili and lemongrass, lemongrass chicken with noodles, and the spring rolls are among our family's favorites! Their pho soup is great on a chilly day and taking it to go allows you to customize your soup with the fresh basil, veggies, grilled meat, and savory sauces. What a treat!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“The best Asian food you will ever eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Most people like Chinese food right? Well, this place isn't your average chinese food. It is Vietnamese food with a flare! Very reasonably priced not super spicy like korean food. although you can ask for additional spice if you like. the service is outstanding and they are always busy. Travelers should definitely try this place while in town. It will be an experience you will never forget.

• Visited April 2012