“Yummy” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pasta
Frederick, Maryland
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I really enjoy their calamari and think everyone should try it. They make their own marinari sauce and I have yet to find a better marinara sauce. The only problem I have is that the sauce isn't used in a lot of other dishes (I believe it is only used with the Calamari) Everyone should try it! The calamari is nice and crispy and mixed with the marinara it is delicious.

I also enjoy their pizza. It is the good, but not the best I have ever had. But it is definitely good value for the price. You can get a large for 10 dollars or less which is hard to come by these days...especially since the quality is pretty good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Frederick, MD
“hmm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

The pizza is SOO good, but WAY,WAY, WAY TOO greasy. My family and I live very close, so it's extremely convenient, especially for Monday pizza nigh, greasy as it is, it's that good that Monday pizza night will remain for ust!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, MD
“Decent food tainted by horrible customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

I have no issue with the food. Pizza is thin crusted and decent quality and the pesto pizza is a standout. Sandwiches are also decent and pasta dishes are quite good. Over the five years I have lived in the area, I have eaten or taken out at Pizza Blitz 3-4 times a year. The taste and quality of the food is not why I won't return.

Without going into too much detail, I learned last night they will not accept their own coupons. The girl at the counter declared that it was for their other location (the coupon said clearly that it was for both locations) and their coupons, of which this was not one, were only honored Monday to Thursday (also not mentioned on there). I was being perfectly calm and rational with her, but she evidently would rather lose a customer forever than honor the $6 worth of coupon that was perfectly valid.

Let me also point out that on a Friday evening, with a line practically out the door at neighbor Chipotle, there were two mere tables full and one take out customer (me), which is about how it always is when I go into this place. I'm not sure why they feel they have so many customers that they don't care about alienating the few they have.

My wife told me she wasn't surprised, as she recalled that during the shopping plaza's Halloween night, they were turning away small children trick or treating who wouldn't buy anything. They don't care about alienating customers over one cent worth of candy?

The standard that Frederick businesses has set for customer service is relatively high, and in this day and age, this sort of treatment is inexcusible. This is quite simply the worst customer service I've encountered in years. I will never return, despite perfectly acceptable food, and would suggest that those who are interested in a restaurant that values their business not patronize this establishment either.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great family place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I discovered this place when my kids and I were searching for a place for a quick bite before going to the movies. This restaurant is right next to the theatres. I was very pleasantly surprised as it appears to be a generic pizza place, but there is so much more to it! The pizza is very good, thin crust and the sauce is not-to-sweet or tomato-pasty as you often find, but we have been twice now and tried the chicken Alfredo (son loved it), eggplant parmesan with pasta (excellent, not your usual greasy deep-fried eggplant), and kids chicken fingers and fries (huge portion, served hot and fresh), and veggie calone (just bursting with cheese, mushrooms, spinach, my favorite so far). The menu is very large and I look forward to trying more of the many choices. Not a fancy place, but good value, good food, and great place to take the kids.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“excellent pizza albeit greasy. Still meaning to try the Italian entrees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

excellent pizza albeit greasy. Still meaning to try the Italian entrees