“Wonderful dining experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I grew up in Frederick county, and The Orchard is my personal favorite restaurant in downtown Frederick, MD! Fantastic ethnic and American cuisine, great wine list, and the BEST chocolate mousse I've ever had. Interesting decor and pleasant service (the owner is awesome!) and very fair prices--especially for lunch. Lots of vegetarian options too!

Visited September 2012

82% Recommend
Frederick, Maryland
“One of the best salmon dishes I've eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were most impressed with our dinner at this quaint restaurant in historic downtown Frederick. My husband started with a bowl of gazpacho, a refreshing choice for a hot day. Our salads were served with fresh dressings made in house. The entrees we selected were the jambalaya and the Jamaican jerk salmon. The jambalaya was loaded with seafood including shrimp and scallops. It was a bit of a different twist on the standard jambalaya, but was quite good. I thought the salmon was perfectly seasoned; the spicy rub on the fish was beautifully complemented by the sweet pineapple salsa. Apparently, this is a relatively new menu item, and our compliments were sent to the chef. The meals were served with fresh cornbread. Our service was excellent, and we were impressed as we watched all the servers cover each other's tables when needed. Charming decor included handmade quilts on the walls. The menu offered many healthy options, including a wide variety of vegetarian and vegan choices. We would recommend this restaurant and would certainly not hesitate to return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenbelt, Maryland
“Great food, many gluten free options.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit to this busy but charming place in downtown Frederick. The service was friendly, efficient and helpful.
Food was fresh and delicious. Nice wine list of reasonably priced wines. Vegetarians, vegans and meat-eaters all have many good choices.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boonsboro, Maryland
“Out of Town Dinner Guest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a friend from out of town (California) visiting so we decided on dinner out. Our guest's preference was fresh and local. Reservations were easy and our table was ready when we arrived. The appetizer of fried breaded vegetables was average. The food was served at a good temperature and the presentation was nice. Overall flavor was average except for the salmon which was way over seasoned. My mouth was on fire! The service was good although our waiter could have been a bit more attentive. The interior restaurant could use a thorough cleaning as I could see cobwebs from where I was seated. A bit overpriced for quality and flavor. I had high expectations but were not completely met. Glad we tried here but will not return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Amazing Stuff on Rice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We call this the "Stuff on Rice Place" because you can get anything on rice with different flavors such as Asian, Chinese, Indian, etc. Have been coming here for 16 years and love it every time. Try the Tomato Tamari salad dressing. (I bought some one time I loved it so much.) Plus my husband loves to make bad jokes about it like "You'd better order the Tomato Tamari" dressing now before they run out of it tomorrow..." Sigh. They offer a good salmon and other healthy meat dishes. I like that you can get tofu with your rice dishes, too. Atmosphere is turquoise and black quilts on the wall, hardwood floors, herbal tea to enjoy. Earthy but not over the top with it.

Visited May 2013