“Diverse Menu, all food wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Frederick, Maryland
“Diverse Menu, all food wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Orchard has been one of my mother's and my favorites or years. The salad and homemade dressings are amazing. The tempura is our next favorite. The specials are always incredible, as with the wines. The ambiance is relaxing and the servers are lovely, it's a great place to unwind and take a breath while enjoying some fabulous food. I became a vegetarian in the last year and love that I can still enjoy so many things here :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“REAL food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Wonderful homecooked wholesome food... we had delicious salads (not iceberg), homemade dressings and tasty whole wheat bread to start. My husband had the jambalaya, which was the best we've ever had. I had an indonesian stir fry with chicken over brown rice, which was good and included lots of veggies. It's so nice to be able to go to a restaurant and get whole grains and lots of fresh veggies. Thank you, The Orchard!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“One of Our Favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Everything is extremely fresh and delicious. This is a spot where you can get a healthy meal that is a treat. Salads are yummy. So are the stir fry dishes. Prices are reasonable. Frederick has so many excellent restaurant options, yet we often choose The Orchard.

Visited March 2013
Virginia
“Inventive and really, really good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We go to an annual convention in Frederick and we leave early enough to have lunch at The Orchard before it starts. This place uses graet ingredients and has a lot of creativity. There is a section of noodle type dishes, and the sandwiches are great. Nice friendly staff and good service. Oh yeah, the desserts are superb!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gotham
“Real food lunch - fast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

In town on business, three of us had a tight schedule for lunch - under an hour before a client meeting. The restaurant was very accommodating: we reviewed menu and placed our order while waiting for a table to clear during a busy lunch hour. Very quickly after we were seated at a table, our meals arrived. My portobello pesto sandwich was quite tasty (although messy, as the juices sogged through the bread), one colleague definitely enjoyed his fish burger (the daily special) and the sprouts on the tofu hummus sandwich for my other colleague were clearly fresh. The lime custard desserts that my colleagues ordered arrived at the same time, so there was no delay, and the small taste of the custard was enough to tell me I should have ordered one as well as it was quite tasty, with a carmelized sugar top - I'll know better next time. All three of us ate everything on our plates and agreed we would come back to the Orchard should we be back in town, as the service was friendly and very efficient and the food was fresh and delicious.

• Visited April 2013