“Real food lunch - fast!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Gotham
“Real food lunch - fast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

In town on business, three of us had a tight schedule for lunch - under an hour before a client meeting. The restaurant was very accommodating: we reviewed menu and placed our order while waiting for a table to clear during a busy lunch hour. Very quickly after we were seated at a table, our meals arrived. My portobello pesto sandwich was quite tasty (although messy, as the juices sogged through the bread), one colleague definitely enjoyed his fish burger (the daily special) and the sprouts on the tofu hummus sandwich for my other colleague were clearly fresh. The lime custard desserts that my colleagues ordered arrived at the same time, so there was no delay, and the small taste of the custard was enough to tell me I should have ordered one as well as it was quite tasty, with a carmelized sugar top - I'll know better next time. All three of us ate everything on our plates and agreed we would come back to the Orchard should we be back in town, as the service was friendly and very efficient and the food was fresh and delicious.

• Visited April 2013

84% Recommend
Mclean VA
“First visit but not last, I hope”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I met my friend for lunch at the Orchard. The majority of the tables were full and yet there was no noisiness so conversation was easy. My friend ordered the avocado and brie sandwich (grilled with a wonderful aroma) and I had the tofu/hummus sandwich. Our waitress answered questions skillfully. The atmosphere is that of a well-managed, well-run restaurant. There are many vegetarian, vegan selections but it is not completely vegetarian. The whole wheat bread is made fresh daily in-house and was delicious. The same dough is used for rolls and I think the flat bread as well.

Visited March 2013
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We always eat here when we come to Frederick. We have tried other places and keep returning to the Orchard. I usually get some kind of stir fry with added tofu. My favorite is a curry sauce with veggies, tofu and brown rice. It is rare for a non-Asian restaurant to offer tofu as a choice. My husband usually gets soup (all delicious) and a sandwich. Yesterday though we both had haddock over pasta dressed with a creamy but light tomato sauce with red and green peppers. Disclosure: the haddock was fried, a little smaller than ping pong balls and so very tasty. We have never been disappointed with the Orchard. Staff is very friendly, quick with a smile.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Laurel, Maryland
“A healthy and tasty option in Frederick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was looking for something a bit different in Frederick including a wide range of vegetarian choices. Stopped in for lunch on a Saturday. Lots of options including vegetarian. Enjoyed a veggie sandwich. Tasted very fresh. Nice atmosphere and
decor plus reasonably priced.

• Visited February 2013
Seoul, South Korea
“A nice place to sit and eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Orchard flies under the radar in Frederick, not having the high visibility of Volt or Tasting Room or similar. It's not the big star-studded date location, not the experimental cuisine place or anything flashy. The Orchard is, instead, a well-balanced, dependable and enjoyable experience. It's a great place to go for a leisurely, but not too-slow, dinner with friends or acquaintances, with a reasonably priced menu and a lot of good options to choose from. Try the gnocchi, if it's on the menu that night. The lighting and seating arrangements are functional and calm, with good spacing and a nice laid-back feel. A lot of people will feel the conversation flow here, and just as many will be content to sit back and make a little bit of small talk intermixed with peaceful silences. Overall, the Orchard is a dependable community place - not too much of anything, but enough to fit most everything.

• Visited October 2012