“Excellent Meal, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Keedysville, Maryland, United States
“Excellent Meal, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Orchard is a great restaurant. I have been going there for many years. The food is fantastic, fresh, never bland. There are many options without red meat. I love their tempura and stir fries. Their wine list is great and the service is wonderful. You can hold a conversation without shouting.

• Visited January 2013

82% Recommend
Keedysville, Maryland
“Most Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Orchard has been around in downtown Frederick for quite some time. It would be easy to rest on the laurels, but they do not. This restaurant continues to provide some of the best and freshest tasting food in the area. The stir fries and tempura are outstanding, as well as the freshest tasting salads around. Excellent service, excellent wine list, and even when busy you can hold a conversation at your table. This is a great restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
maryland
“Vegetarian done right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

OK. How many times have you gone to a restaurant with your vegetarian husband and asked what veggie options they have on the menu, only to find out it's either going to be fettucine alfredo or pasta primavera? Granted, my husband has had some good primaveras and alfredos...but enough, already. That's not the case at The Orchard. What a pleasant surprise to find that the vegetables are the stars at this restaurant! The Orchard's meat options are delish, but this restaurant is the place you've been looking for to take your die hard carnivore friends and show them that a meal can be meatless and satisfying. The veggie salad is my all time fave. The appetizers are fresh and fun. The stir fries are light, tasty and satifying. The soups, yum. A great place to stop for tea (or coffee) and dessert. The lemon squares are decadent. This is a comfortable place, with a great atmosphere, in the heart of downtown. Seats by the window are great for people (and dog) watching. We always leave The Orchard feeling like we've eaten healthfully. We're filled but not uncomfortably stuffed. The prices are very reasonable. I think this place might be my favorite place to eat right now. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited November 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“Delicious homemade food at an affordable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

A great restaurant to eat at when visiting Downtown Frederick! It has a comfortable atmosphere with friendly service, and delicious food. We can't wait to go back soon!

Maryland
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I recently had lunch at The Orchard with a friend. It has a nice atmosphere and is in a good location, but I was disappointed in the food. I ordered the grilled portabella pesto sandwich. The menu said that it came with "creamy garlic". Since I am not suppose to have garlic, I asked for the sandwich without it. Unfortunately, the sandwich had garlic on it in some manner whether it was the sauce or a marinade , I don't know, but it was loaded with it. I should have sent it back, but we waited a long time for our food so I just ate it. Also, the bread was falling apart, and I had to eat it with a fork. The sandwich didn't come with anything but a very few "micro greens" At $9.50 for the sandwich, I expected better, but maybe I just hit an off day.

• Visited December 2012