“One of the few budget motels in town” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Barstow
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1590 Cool Water Lane, Barstow, CA 92311   |
Ranked #19 of 29 hotels in Barstow
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
“One of the few budget motels in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Located right next to the I-15, on the way between LA and Las Vegas. In Barstow, there are not many choices for a budget accomodation. Holiday Inn Express, for example, charge a lot of money, or 25000 points for a "free night award". Luckily, Days Inn has a coupon printed in one of the booklets that can be found in fast food restaurants, so that the price charged for one night is somewhat affordable. The breakfast is very good, great coffee and friendly service. The free Wireless service does´t seem to work very reliably, the signal strength is subject to fluctuation when windy outside....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Farnborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We were passing through Barstow and needed somewhere cheap to stop off for the night while driving between the Grand Canyon and San Diego. It was OK for one night but I wouldn't have stayed longer, the room was only £30 so you do get what you pay for. Both bedroom and bathroom are in serious need of some TLC. We decided to skip the complimentary breakfast and leave as soon as we woke up.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

rooms are quite old and not really nice but overall it is still ok. next time i would probably choose another one.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

After a long drive, I needed a place to sleep. I should have left upon arrival when I saw a line waiting to register at the front desk... The attendant said the computer was slow.
I finally got my room which smelled strongly of a chemical (like Fabreeze) and the A/C was off, so the room was very warm after a HOT day in the desert. The carpet was tattered and large spots of something... I was afraid to walk in it barefooted.
I turned on the A/C and smelled the chemical odor again, for a while.
I needed to call the front desk to get the password to log into the free internet.
The phone range more than 20 times! before it was answered by someone who seemed angered by the annoyance of her job.
In the morning, I caught some whiffs of urine - probably the reasons for the chemical used to hide the smell...
I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

This hotel from the outside looks promising, but the rooms are worn looking. We originally were assigned a room with a dirty toilet but we were promptly moved to another room with the same tired out drab decor. It was incredibly hot the day we arrived, but the air conditioner in the room hardly worked. On high it was barely churning out cold air. We were uncomfortably warm all night.

This hotel does have a small outdoor pool. It appeared clean and our children had fun swimming.

The hotel is located off a main highway and a main street that large trucks regularly frequent and could be heard inside our room.

Initially I had trouble connecting to the hotel's wi-fi, but upon informing the front desk they worked quickly to resolve the problem.

They do offer a continental breakfast in the front office, but it is a tiny space with a couple of tables. Because we slept in, we did not eat breakfast there so cannot say what was offered and the quality of it.

I booked at this hotel ahead of time not having ever been there, upon previous guest reviews. I believe the rating was 3.6 which is not a true representation. I would give it a 2-2.5. The staff was courteous and accomodating so there was no problem there. The price was fair for what we received, but because of the reviews I really thought we were getting something nicer at a lower rate. It worked out for us anyway because we only stayed one night, but if we were planning a longer stay in Barstow, I would be looking for something more than bare bones.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Durango Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Typical freeway overnight stopover motel, no problems with the room or the property. But when I see the words "pet friendly" I don't expect to be hit with a surprise 20% surcharge at check-in. If I knew that before I booked we would have stayed at the Motel 6, they never charge extra for our dog.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Exile in Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

This was our first trip traveling with our dogs and we had some very good and some very bad experiences with lodging. The Barstow Days Inn was a wonderful pleasant surprise. The room was nice AND it was clean. Evidently the train traffic and switching yard make it a bit difficult to find a good night's sleep in most Barstow motels. The Days Inn is in a good quiet location and it was a great choice for us on our road trip. I was a bit disappointed with the continental breakfast offered, but oh well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Barstow? Share your experiences!