“A good Place to stay in Barstow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of California Inn

You added California Inn to your Saves list
California Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1431 E Main St, Barstow, CA 92311 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Shawnee, Kansas
“A good Place to stay in Barstow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Hello
My wife and I stayed here and had a good room with a view of the pool. My wife went to the pool and had a great time. I worked on the computer and used the internet and had fast internet service.
We will stay their again.
Clean Room and good service.

Room Tip: I recommend a room Pool Side
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This place had the most comfortable bed I ever stayed in at a Inn. It was so quiet, I slept all night, hated to leave . Breakfast was good too.The room was clean, staff was friendly,. Joyce C I booked with booking. com. so checking in was easy.

Room Tip: You won't regret booking a room here, get one on the bottom floor, easy access for handicap.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Victorville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nice hotel and good breakfast. Staff was friendly, rooms clean. Don't find hotels like this too often in Barstow. Easy access to freeway which made it easier to leave in the morning. I would recommend to anyone passing by.

Room Tip: Excellent breakfast
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

After looking at the Google.com reviews and rates, I walked-in and booked one room for my night stay at this motel. The rooms were getting prepared when I checked in. My room was clean and in good condition. This place was very silent at the night time which was my first perference to come here. There are many rooms and so are the guest. I liked their breakfast compared to the other motels here. Whenever I return to Barstow, I will def. checkin at this location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stopped in Barstow for the night our way to San Francisco from Texas. We had first checked out the Best Western but that didn't have any pet-friendly rooms left. Trip Advisor showed great reviews for the California Inn and they were right! Very friendly, huge rooms with plenty of floor space for my teenage boys to unroll their sleeping bags. Good breakfast, too. Wish we had been able to stay long enough to use the large clean pool. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oceanside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed here several weeks ago to relax in the desert on my to Las Vegas. I checked in about 1;30 pm no problem. Went outside and hung out in pool reading a book and having a cool drink. Very few people there. The pool was a bit cool for a 100+F day but you got used to it soon. About 4:30 the people started checking in and coming to the pool. I went back to the room.
The room was clean as were the carpets, drapes, beds, and the bathroom was clean also. AC worked fine.
There were alot of nearby restaurants as this motel is right by I-15 and I-40. Something for everyone. A pretty quiet night. The free breakfast was above average in that there were hot sausages and waffles. There was pastries, bagels, fruit, and cereal also.
The only downside that I saw was that there was no elevator to reach the 2nd floor. When you book make sure you get the 1st floor if you need it.
I got a total rate of $43 thru Travelocity secret hotels.
Overall for a 2* motel this was better than average.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the property are quieter. But also bring earplugs when you travel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We used this as a stop off on our cross-country road trip. Rooms were clean, check in and check out was very efficient and the owners were very pleasant. The breakfast wasn't fancy but more than adequate for our tastes and the air-con was strong enough to combat the summer heat. We weren't there for long enough to use the pool, but it looked great and the fitness center was a basic, but welcome facility. They did appear to have security cameras for certain parking spots, easing our angst, but the fact that we were still nervous is possibly a factor of being in Barstow.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the second floor. I imagine the ones facing the pool are rather beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple