“Very good for the money!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66

You added Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66 to your Saves list
Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1861 West Main Street, 1861 West Main Street, Barstow, CA 92311 (Formerly The Barstow Route 66 Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
“Very good for the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed on a Friday night, had a 2 bed room. It was very nice, had everything updated and upgraded. The room and bathroom was very clean and modern. The only negative was that the bath vanity and sink were small. The beds were nice and plenty of wonderful pillows. The A/C did a good job after catching from a very warm room when we arrived. It would have been a nice gesture if the hotel would turn the A/C on prior to our arrival to get the hot west facing room cooled off prior to our arrival. But nevertheless, the room eventually cooled down nicely. Breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular. They did have warm food like biscuits/gravy and sausages (had run out of bacon by 0730) in addition to cold cereal, pastries, hard boiled eggs, juice, milk and coffee. I would definitely stay here again as it is updated to a nice safe hotel.

Stayed July 2014
LeoAparicio, Manager at Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Tammy,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an on line survey regarding your stay at Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback. I will share it with my staff. Your survey responses is an encouragement to all of my staff and as we strive to always make improvements the to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always so wonderful to receive positive feedback.
Again Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and we hope your next visit will be even MORE pleasant than the previous one.

760-256-1300 Ext 409

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Barstow, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service,employees are very helpful hotel rooms,lobby are always clean. The employees are always their to attend to your needs especially the assistant manager bibi she always their to help.the breakfast that they is great the beds are comfortable

• Stayed July 2014
LeoAparicio, Manager at Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you rockdizzle, for taking the time to complete an on line survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I so very much appreciate and value your feedback. I will be sure to will share it with my employees here at Sleep Inn Barstow. Your survey responses is such an encouragement to all us here. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and thank you again for sharing your experience. I am so happy to hear your were satisfied with my services.
Can't wait to see you again!

Anaheim Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Rarely have I done a review before the stay is complete but I can't help myself. When we walked in the desk clerk was friendly enough, but barely attentive to us. She was taking calls while she assisted us, to the point that she took 3 times as long as necessary. I know this because we are concluding a 6000 mile road trip with this stay. We've stayed in at least a dozen hotels over the last 3 weeks. THEN, we get to the room and the tv won't work. Called the desk, Monica told me how to work it..like I didn't know or something.
This fiasco turned into me waiting for her to come to our room and fix it. 20 minutes after she said she would come I went looking for her because she never came. I caught a fellow that appeared to work there, and he came to the room and fiddled with it. He said he'd change our room. I was to meet him at the desk. I went down and it took another 15 minutes for him to get to me.
We stayed at a Sleep Inn in Illinois, and THAT was a good stay. It's terribly hard for me to even believe these 2 hotels are in the same chain. This one in Barstow sucks out loud. Wouldn't do this again if they paid me

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig P, Manager at Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Photoguy505 ,

On behalf of my entire staff here at Sleep Inn Barstow, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Very nice, clean, friendly place. I stopped in Barstow on my way from L.A. to Las Vegas, too tired for go on. (never drive sleepy!!) Got this place on Priceline, and it was a pleasant surprise, as there are many sleezy motels in that town. Only drawback is that is is located far away from restaurants. The surroundings are a bit depressing, unless you are in the market for used car spare parts..... And you can hear trains through the night. But I slept fine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Craig P, Manager at Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear 504michaelhardinger,

I Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I very much appreciate and value your feedback and I will share it with my staff here at Sleep Inn Barstow. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Arvada, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Our stay was very good at the Sleep Inn at Barstow. The person at the registration desk knew her business and took good care of us She made a good recommendation for dinner. Room space was minimum but all amenities were available. We were very satisfied with the accommodations.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Craig P, Manager at Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear BethW311,

I very much appreciate and value your feedback and I will share it with my team here at The Sleep Inn Barstow . Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of my staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Assistant General Manager
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed at Sleep Inn Barstow for 1 night. Arriving without a booking we were able to get a room quickly without any problems. Hotel was very nice and comfortable. The Staff was very helpful and considerate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig P, Manager at Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Rico P,

I very much appreciate and value your feedback and I will share it with our team here at The Sleep Inn Barstow. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff here at the hotel as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Assistant General Manager
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were fine, some remodeling already done, more to do. Good air/heat unit, constant fan. No sleep timer on tv! Noise is big problem, both from trains and very creaky floors. Never had anything like this before. Sounded as if all the wood beams were coming apart, you must have top floor room! Sleep and quite hard to come by when person above you walks till 10pm and gets up at 5pm!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig P, Manager at Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team at The Sleep Inn Barstow, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Assistent General Manager
760-256-1300

Been to Sleep Inn Barstow on Historic Route 66? Share your experiences!