“Excellent Staff & Clean Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Barstow
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   150 Yucca Avenue, Barstow, CA 92311   |
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Oregon
“Excellent Staff & Clean Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I made reservations in advance, asked for a room with a refrigerator and microwave, and got a senior discount. I'm traveling with two small dogs so Motel 6 is one of my most affordable options. This motel is on a side street so it is quiet and felt safe. There is a large grocery store two blocks away which I walked to around nine o'clock. I was very impressed by this staff; they were very friendly when I checked in. The first room I was put in smelled like cat pee and they immediately switched me to another room a few doors down. The room was clean and pleasant. The bathroom was large and clean. The outlet in the bathroom did not work. I paid the small amount for the WiFi and it was strong. I slept very well with only a few distractions during the night from a very large group of young adults (4 or 5 carloads) arriving for a wedding. I don't think their noise would have woken me up but for my dogs being disturbed and giving a "yip" a couple of times. The next morning, I was disappointed to find out that the refrigerator had quit working during the night. I lost the meat for my dogs' food, my breakfast, and didn't have the freezer packs cold for the cooler. I called to tell them at the front desk and they apologized and said if I would bring the cooler packs down to them they would put them in the freezer in the breakroom until I left, which I did. The desk clerk called about 20 minutes later and said they were going to refund the basic rate for the room (minus tax and Internet), which was a very nice thing to do. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here on the way through to Joshua Tree national park and eventually Mexico. Because of travel with dogs Motel 6 makes life easy. Rooms were clean and comfortable and motel is located in a quiet area of the main road.
You can walk across the street to a Vons grocery store as well as several other stores and restaurants. There are also several other choices for motels near to here. We will stay here again on our way back north.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

A very nice Motel 6 with more room to move around in than many Motel 6's we have stayed in. Clean, very friendly staff with easy access to the highways. Never bothered by train noise. Very convenient to eateries and Catholic church. We stayed their again on the way home.
In addition: Although the maps show the train tracks nearby, we never heard the train as we were up the hill. That is a MAIN line for the trains, where they "power up" for speed - do Not stay any closer to the freeway entrance if you want to avoid the noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lithuania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night on the way from LA to Las Vegas. The location is very good and quite. The rooms are clean, not too old. We didn’t expect anything special from the motel for one night. Next to the motel we found the supermarket “Vons” which we liked very much. The morning coffee is standard American, but still something before we reach any other place for the normal one..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

In the middle of the desert.
It is a good location in the middle to stop during the way to vegas.
The room was clean and equipped with towels.
No complaints!
Do NOT leave anything in the car & try to park infront of the front desk!
Way more safe than around the building.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
All Over The Silver State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

One of the better Motel 6's I've seen. We stayed at this one on the way from Las Vegas to Ventura. On a side street off the main boulevard, and set back from the street. Very quiet. Must be well insulated, because we heard nothing from the pool outside.or the semi truck parked nearby. Lots of eating options on Main St., within less than a mile. If you stay a night (or more) in Barstow, this is the place for comfort & savings.

Room Tip: We were upstairs, at a corner. Very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barstow, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was one of the worst rooms I have ever stayed in before. We checked in and went to the room and turned the a/c on right away, it was around or over 100 outside, we left the room for abut and hour or two to go to the store when we got back it was still HOT in the room. later that night the toliet backed up on us and when I asked for someone to take care of it I was handed a plunger to do it myself, when the toilet overflowed and I could not do their maintance's job they said they would have to move us. Little did I know it would be 3 buildings down and around the other side of the building. We barely got our stuff in the room and my 5 yr old son had to us the restroom, well needless to say, that toliet was also clogged before we even used it and the a/c never worked in this room either. So once again I had to walk all the way around the buildings and down the stairs to get another set of keys for a new room. The plumbing worked in this room, but the a/c still did not. I dont know how you get 3 different rooms and not one a/c would blow out cold air, so we slept in a very warm room and couldnt wait to check out. I would NOT recommend anyone stay here if you need to beat the heat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Barstow? Share your experiences!