“Nice Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 29 hotels in Barstow
All Over The Silver State
“Nice Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

One of the better Motel 6's I've seen. We stayed at this one on the way from Las Vegas to Ventura. On a side street off the main boulevard, and set back from the street. Very quiet. Must be well insulated, because we heard nothing from the pool outside.or the semi truck parked nearby. Lots of eating options on Main St., within less than a mile. If you stay a night (or more) in Barstow, this is the place for comfort & savings.

Room Tip: We were upstairs, at a corner. Very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Barstow, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was one of the worst rooms I have ever stayed in before. We checked in and went to the room and turned the a/c on right away, it was around or over 100 outside, we left the room for abut and hour or two to go to the store when we got back it was still HOT in the room. later that night the toliet backed up on us and when I asked for someone to take care of it I was handed a plunger to do it myself, when the toilet overflowed and I could not do their maintance's job they said they would have to move us. Little did I know it would be 3 buildings down and around the other side of the building. We barely got our stuff in the room and my 5 yr old son had to us the restroom, well needless to say, that toliet was also clogged before we even used it and the a/c never worked in this room either. So once again I had to walk all the way around the buildings and down the stairs to get another set of keys for a new room. The plumbing worked in this room, but the a/c still did not. I dont know how you get 3 different rooms and not one a/c would blow out cold air, so we slept in a very warm room and couldnt wait to check out. I would NOT recommend anyone stay here if you need to beat the heat.

Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We couldn't resist the price - $40/night for the family. Both check-in & check-out staff were very friendly. Parking was nice in a tree-shaded lot. We had an upstairs room and it was quiet. It's your basic motel room - average size, clean, good shower. The towels were small and rough as sand-paper, but otherwise the room was very good EXCEPT the beds. The springs are shot & I woke with a terrible back-ache as I feared I would. One of the most important things about a motel for me is the quality of the mattress, so the poor mattresses make this motel a poor choice for me though. When the receptionist inquired how things were at check-out & I told her "good except the soft bed wrecked my back". She expressed surprise & said most bed complaints are that the bed is too hard. Go figure. If this isn't an issue for you, I'd highly recommend this motel as a frugal option. (We didn't use the pool but it looked clean and big with picnic tables deck-side). It is conveniently located near a Vons & a couple blocks from restaurants (e.g. 24-hr Denny's).

Corning, Calif.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

we stayed at this motel twice in July, and the clerks were all friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and we loved the pool, it was clean and well kept.
it is in a nice part of town, and easy to find off the freeway.
we will choose this hotel again, when travelling this way.

Room Tip: we always choose downstairs, its easy to get to, and you can park by your door if you want to.
Occidental, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My first Motel 6 ever and it was a good stay. Peaceful, quiet, shady and a bit on the worn down side but clean. Friendly staff, nice little pool, great location for loading up on groceries before you hit the road again. I would stay here anytime again, especially for such a good price.

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

You can walk the outside grassy slope and go almost the entire way around this motel and still be under shade trees. They checked us in early. The room was clean, but the ac was the old kind up on the top of the wall and did not seem to keep the room as cool as I like it. Of course, I like to sleep cold.
This place is a block off main street and one of the better Motel 6.
It is near the Sizzler. This Sizzler seems to be more upscale and I was totally knocked over by the food and the quality for the price charged.
Go to Hooz on First for a nice bar with people from all walks and a very good bartender during the day. She talks and pays attention to all her customers and can recommend some good places to eat and some bars that you might not want to visit.

Sun City West, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at Motel 6 for an overnight stay and was very surprised at the high quality of the place.
The rate was low, the room was very clean and the surroundings well maintained. I would have given them 5 stars if it was one of the renovated Motel 6's with a refrig and microwave. I'd stay there again. It is a handy stop for me driving from Phoenix to CA. 395.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Barstow? Share your experiences!