“Average Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Spokane
“Average Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This facility was average all the way around! Accommodations were average, price was average, service was average and the location, to me, was somewhat off the freeways. What more can I say. I'd probably look for other options in the future.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This place looked really boring at first sight, but it soon grew on me since it turned out to be hosted by one of the friendliest motel owners I've ever met. I stayed here just one night, as me and my dad were passing through on our way from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.

The room was nice overall, a bit worn down maybe, but had comfy beds and a good size TV. The bathroom in particular looked like it had seen better days, but everything was clean so there wasn't really much to complain about.

However, there is one reason greater than any other why I would definitively recommend this motel to people - the owner and his family. In the morning, me and my dad had (free) breakfast in the main office area and this friendly little hindu man gave us some good advice as to what we could do in the area before leaving. When my dad left to get our car, I stayed and talked to him about India, and he gave me a whole list of things to do (and not to do) there, since I told him I've always wanted to go there but felt a bit unsure of how to go about it.

Overall: average motel and good value for money - GREAT management and customer service!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Taby, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Reasonably priced, very friendly staff and the room was clean and well maintained. Good value for money. Pool was clean and the simple lobby breakfast was okay. We had a problem with the hotel WiFi which staff took care of instantly. Overall the management made a very friendly impression.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I guess we were more tired than I figured as I think we were hallucinating when we chose this motel. Not only was it on the edge of the seedier part of town but the motel must have had much much better days. A little more attention to maintenance would go a long way here. One thing I have no complaint about is the personality of the management. He was so very personable!!! The free breakfast was attrocious. There are ways to keep costs down and still provide a decent continental breakfast.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had a night in the econo .. the guy at the desk was very friendly and helpful.

this place is ok for one night ..its cheap and comfortable but lacks the extra oomph that's need it to make it a really good place to stay .
Better attention needs to be paid to cleanliness.
I really don't want to be to hard on the econo cos the owner tried really hard to please .

Naples, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were in this motel for 1 night and it was more than enough. We arrived at the reception and there was a dead insect on the floor.Ok the hotel was cheap but this doesn't justify the dust, rubbish under the bed and the rust under the sink..there was some object forgotten under the bed!
There was the breakfast included but it would have been better not to include it. Orange juice was like colored water and there was almost nothing to eat. We had breakfast at Denny's just across the street (we suggest it also for dinner).
Just one positive thing: the guy at the reception was helpful and gave us some useful tips.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

After a very long day of travel my teen daughter and I decided to call it a night at the Econolodge. Although it was after 11 pm, the front desk was friendly at check in, but the assigned room was a total disappointment. It was still 90 degrees outside and the room had been closed up and the a/c completely off. Even after turning it on and running all night it didn't cool the room and we were sweaty messes all night having to take 2 showers. The fridge wasn't cool and didn't work when we did plug it in. The TV was old, bad reception. The room itself was dirty. Breakfast I was told wasn't served until after 8:30 am! Way late for folks wanting to get on the road early, so obviously a scam to save $$$ on customers. Overall, terrible stay, left feeling exhausted and taken advantage of. Don't stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Barstow? Share your experiences!